• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy Range Avalanche Class ??

H
Dec 20, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyo.
Curious if there are any upcoming avalanche classes near the Snowy Range, Wyoming? I had the federal training years ago with the Forest Service, but would love to brush up. Thanks.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I have riders interested in having a four hour snowmobile specific class in Laramie. All I need is a meeting space for 20-25 people. Anyone have any suggestions or connections for a location? Would like to hold it during the week in the evening around January 14-18. Please contact Mike Duffy 970-390-9433 or duffyww1@aol.com with any leads. Thanks

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I'm working out the final details for the class. I have a couple of locations to choose from. Working out the date and need to make sure some of those who originally wanted the class will be in town. Looking at the evening of January 10th or 17th in Laramie. I should hear back from a few people tomorrow and will post the info as soon as possible. Thanks for the interest, Mike Duffy

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'd be down to come on the 10th for sure.

Gotta be back in UT on the 17th however for work :(

C
Oct 20, 2006
cheyenne wyoming
I'm working out the final details for the class. I have a couple of locations to choose from. Working out the date and need to make sure some of those who originally wanted the class will be in town. Looking at the evening of January 10th or 17th in Laramie. I should hear back from a few people tomorrow and will post the info as soon as possible. Thanks for the interest, Mike Duffy

let us know asap mike we need one in the area iam shure there will be more interest in it now as to what happend on the mountain yesterday thanks mike

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Class date and location

Four Hour Avalanche Classes
Specifically for snowmobilers

Avalanche classes coming to Laramie January 10th, Thursday evening

Classes are effective, proven to save lives and affordable.

Learn: How to avoid the most common mistakes, what equipment works best, how to rescue effectively, evaluate terrain, avoid terrain traps, analyze stability and increase your skills in the mountains.

Cost $35 Must sign up in advance

Take the class with those you ride with.

Date: January 10th, 2008 Thursday night
Location: Ramada Laramie. 2313 Soldier Springs Rd Laramie 307-742-6611. Just southeast of the Junction of I-80 and 287.
Time: 6pm-10pm
To sign up: Email Mike Duffy: duffyww1@aol.com or call 970-390-9433

Four hour avalanche awareness, avoidance and rescue class.

Instructor: Mike Duffy. Level I & II Avalanche instructor Colorado Mountain College, rescue/avalanche team leader Vail Mountain Rescue Group, instructor Walter Kirch Avalanche Seminars, graduate of National Avalanche School, National Academy of Winter Guiding. Mountain Snowmobiler for 20 years.
Course content:
-Introduction to Avalanches, statistics, contributing factors.
-Avalanche reports
-Signs of instability.
-Equipment
-What to carry and what works best.
-Avalanche beacons.
-Fast and effective single and multiple burial searches.
-Rescue
-Avalanche survival methods
-Hasty search
-mistakes in rescue
-Group Dynamics
-Terrain Evaluation/terrain traps
-Preparing for your trip
-Stability Analysis
-Scenarios

Premium Features