• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lolo Pass got a Dump

M

MEADOW KING

Dec 17, 2007
Spend the Day up on Lolo Pass Today (12/19). Rained in the Valley most of the Night but the pass has 16-18" when I got up there at 10:30. Awsome day, sorry I forgot my camera. It was still Coming Down hard at 5pm. should be great the rest of the week.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
don't worry about stumps!!:mad:
when does yer gear get in.:confused:
planning maybe a carb party thurs.:D
maybe even put a flame to it!!:eek:

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
hoping to have john put back together for a saturday tuning.
usually pull some smaller hills torwards granite.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Getting Deeper

Talked To Groomer Operators That Went Over To Lochsa Lodge Wed Nite. Fought Deep Powder All The Way, Took Twice As Long To Groom Down Through Crooked Fork. 3' Plus New Snow In Some Spots.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Thanks for all the help mod03rmk800 and rcditchpickle. It was good to hear the sled run again.

WingNut - We are planning on riding Lolo Saturday. Mostly to get a tank of fuel run thru the sled and tuning. I think rcditchpickle has some tuning to do also. Hope to see you up there.

Scott - If all goes well we may be riding Sunday also. Do you guys have a large group going?

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
nothing like the twin pipe "braap-braap" ear to ear grin huh john.
and the smell of race fumes to make a guy wanna play hooky!

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
I'm working on getting a sore throat tonight, maybe some coughing and sneezing also. Boy this stuff might be pretty bad by morning.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm working on getting a sore throat tonight, maybe some coughing and sneezing also. Boy this stuff might be pretty bad by morning.

OH MAN. I've been fighting that since LAST Thursday, and I'm finally not running like a siv...or coughing like a seal....or swallowing fire. I just don't have any energy yet...but hopefully by Sunday.

I think we'll have a group of 3 or MAYBE 4 on Sunday.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
just looked at the pass cam and snow looks good!!
however is it just me or is cutting the big cut out of the trail on the road edge most stupid idea ever!!
was up a couple weeks ago when they did that(with half the snow) and i couldn't see down either side of road until i committed myself to cross.
with scags and mtn. track i had a hard time!! SCARY

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
We used to post a lookout on the bank, back when you had to drop in and climb out of both sides, yeah, we would get cocky, and then it would get scary, no kidding.... I'm thinking some sled crossing signs on the highway are just about needed,,,,,,,,, Or maybe that jerk,,,, I mean friendly Idaho cop could give a hand, he just sits there all day anyway?????

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Montana Avalanche Center calling out HIGH AVALANCHE CONDITIONS this weekend so gotta watch out.
bring becons!!!

might have to have porky actually do something up there!:D

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
john said he was leaving his house at 7, but i have never seen him leave on time yet. my sled is on the back of his bothers(ross) truck and he is at a christmas party tonight. so hopefully john will already be on the top holding a park spot. should be up @9 i think on top.then plan to head across road to get john jetted up.i think john will have his shiny new duramax with his enclosed and ross has the silver dodge with sled deck.
should be good deeper snow this weekend. last week was a rush with the hook-up value.thought my sled grew 50 more horsepower over summer.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
might not need to go futher than the radio tower to get dialed in.
i think john wants to try to run a little longer on the road. so maybe take it around to granite and see if he can't take it anymore before he actually gets to start to break that thing in. we got a little spot just north east of granite thats a good spot to dial things in on.i'll be pounding whatever i can.
johns on the silver vert. looking all klimy and i gots the black boss edge and ross has the black 1m.
dave camden and another might possibly be up also.
i know john wouldn't mind you giving him your 2 cents on his set-up.
everyone else has!!
this time i'll actually stop to say hi as last week i just gave ya the howdy wave on my way by in the parking lot.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Ok .... NOW I'm ready to go. mod03 and ditchpickle, see ya in the morning. Hamilton guys are headed to the Skalkaho in the morning.

Wingnut - run us down if you see us. Whats Mikey up to?

Scott - I'll bet we will be riding Sunday also and throughout the week.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Well, never got the susp changed the way I want it, my garage makes my knees numb(no heat)..

So how was it fellas, Johnny, how did it feel, ya gonna let me saddle her up,, I promise I won't break anything,,,,,,,important,,,,,,j/k

Headed up tomorrow, just jammed the susp back in and said fu@# it.....

Mike is on here finally, he is klimer800 I think.

Will be riding with the old lady and the little guy, and I think Mike is bringing his little guy, so, another mellow day I guess,,, oh well, just being on that thing gets my adrenaline flowing

Like it was said before, there's just something about a well tuned piped two stroke that ya just gotta love...

Maybe catch up with you fellas later....

Premium Features