• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Decisions, Decisions?

A
Nov 26, 2007
eugene, oregon
I've been riding 800 rmk's for the last 6 years and looking for a change. Did a demo on a nytro last weekend, snow was bad but seemed powerfull enough. I am also looking at a low mile '05 1000 highmark. Will i miss the brute power on the nytro? I don't need to be the highest mark on the hill. your 2 cents is appreciated. :confused:

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
I really like the looks and feel of the Nytro myself. I am with you I do not need to be top dog on the hill. I boondock alot more the hill climb.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
It came down to the 08 700 RMK and the new Nytro for me.
Finally settled on the RMK.
It was a close call for me.

I want to give yamaha a couple more years to get the weight down. They are doing some fantastic stuff with their 4 strokes and I will be buying a 4 stroke for my next sled.

I boondock and play in the trees a lot so I don't need or really want gobs of power. My little 140hp sled if plenty for me.

A
Dec 4, 2007
coleville ca
any one else work on bikes, i have seen a lot of yami 4 strokes eat cam lobes and lash caps, followed by catostrophic failure. i think ill stick to my 2 smoke for a while.

G

geno

Nov 26, 2007
any one else work on bikes, i have seen a lot of yami 4 strokes eat cam lobes and lash caps, followed by catostrophic failure. i think ill stick to my 2 smoke for a while.

It was brought up, in the old forum. I think the reason you don't, is the winter air, and lack of dirt. They are more inline with street bike reliabilty.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
The yamaha 450 and 250 for the most part are bullet proof??? So far I have never seen one go infact I have no Idea why I even take the time to check the valve specs as they never move year after year even with running it in the sand dunes the hardest place on a bike.

C
Nov 27, 2007
Im with Ollie. I love the yamaha stuff and I am waiting a few more years. Though if I had the money now id probably buy the nytro and do a light weight battery and lose another 10-20 on it and some small light weight modes.

I really wanted a vector but then they came out with the nytro, I cant imagine what they will have in another few years.

Plus I might be able to pick up a boosted nytro all moded for cheap in a few years.

Do the Nytro and you wont be dissapointed.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Here in the lowlands, the Nytro isn't handling nearly as well as the XP and IQ, and when boondocking, it's just as thirsty on fuel as a 2s... and with the small gas tank, that means you're watching from the bottom of the hill as your buddies rip it up. I'd give the Nytro some time also.

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
Will second the fuel issue. Small tank, and didn't get all that good of gas mileage (low fuel light a-flashin' and we all still had a plenty!) Again, that is coming from the flatlands. It was a Nytro MTX, very sweet ride. Rode it up in the U.P. so had some decent powder to try it in. Just my .02!

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
If you are going to ride a stock sled I would lean more towards the 2 stroke but if you are going to mod it any I would buy the Nytro I know I wish I had...

Premium Features