• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Having trouble with my Apex

X
Nov 26, 2007
Grand junction
I don't have any hand or thumb warmers, i checked with a test light and no power going to them and i checked all the fuses i could find, everything else works fine just not the hand and thumb warmers any help would be great.

Thanks

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Are you getting any of the the following codes on your display cluster ? 80, 81, 82 or 83 ?? All those codes are for the handwarmer, handwarmer switch, tumb warmer and thumb warmer switch.

Also, did you test the wire's past the connection in the wirering harness ? (Open the rubber boot that holds all the connections, check it before and after the connection. That will narrow it down).

PistonBroke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
here too

i am in the same position. The thumb warmer seems ok, but grips are not very strong.

-checked continuity. all OK
-checked connections, all OK
-have some voltage coming out of the harness
-no codes on display
-2006 apex with updated bar kit

I think I remember someone changing the wiring and they worked better? Anyone know what that deal was? Other guys were putting on warmers from another kind of sled and I can't recall what sled etc they were using either.

any help greatly appreciated.
thanks,
PistonBroke

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Thanks for the post. I put the 07 bars on my 06 and I didn't know what the extra wiring harness was for. I pluged everything in and got a code for the handwarmers so I unplugged the extra harness and now the code went away but the handwarmes don't work and the thumb wrmer does. I will try the little harness again and see if that helps.

Premium Features