• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching setup questions

T
Dec 27, 2005
Roy, UT
I have a 2007 apex turbo. The problem I'm having is I'm hitting the rev limiter at about 6-7 lbs. My primary is loaded up pretty heavy, but I wonder if I need to go with a different spring and helix. I'm open to suggestions. I like to run at least 12-13 lbs.

A
Nov 30, 2007
I have a 2007 apex turbo. The problem I'm having is I'm hitting the rev limiter at about 6-7 lbs. My primary is loaded up pretty heavy, but I wonder if I need to go with a different spring and helix. I'm open to suggestions. I like to run at least 12-13 lbs.

With 12-13 lbs boost depending on Elevation you will need about 83 grams of weight, with the YSY Spring, Do you have Supertips?

I like the White spring in the Secondary on 3-3 but you need to control RPM with the Primary then select a helix.

T
Dec 27, 2005
Roy, UT
Thanks guys. I ended up buying a heel clicker kit and some kind of "special" helix from the guy who bought out the turbo division of bender racing

Premium Features