• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SS 440 info needed

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
WOW! My first post in the Yammi section. I feel kind like a Japanese virgin.

Anyway, got the kids a 80's SS 440. Not sure what year. Is there a way to tell by the VIN or something. Just trying to find resources for this thing so I can "boost it".

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
This might be a dumb question but looks like your in Washington........shouldn't it have a registration that would tell you?

Sap

Sure should. Bought it from a guy who lost his paper work. I have a bill-o-sale and heading to the DOL this week.

I know I can go to my yammi dealer for the info. Just thought there was some secrete hidden code in the VIN that would tell me.

As far as I'm concerned, it a 2009 Nitro with duct tape on the seat and leaf springs.:D

F
Jan 7, 2005
Greenville, NC
Don't know much about them, cept my buddy had one and the kids rode it all the
time(2up) it was light easy to get unstuck... and was flipping fast(think it had a .20 over)
all it needed was some sort of suspension...

V
Jan 19, 2008
i've got a 1982 ss 440 with la sleeves and bored 20 over. It halls ***. i don't know about turboing it though. awful lot of stress to put on the old 440

C
Nov 26, 2007
kalispell, MT
my cousins had 2- they were also Seattle Seahawk fans, so the colors matched nice... The would run with a Phazer after the tunnel was tapered. The leaf springs were a little brutal, but with plastic skiis, they worked well. Oh yeah, and don't leave the rear storage compartment open a little and hit a jump- they are a pain to fix:)

Premium Features