• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Near Cameron Pass

A
Nov 30, 2007
I was solo today so the pics are of snow and scenery no action shots. The snow was wind packed in most spots but some decent deep soft stuff could fe found near the trees. I only sledded untill 130 cause of the wind and the fact that I saw 2 fresh slides and a good size avy back in RMNP not far from where I was probably happened overnight. Anyways I went on in to Walden and warmed up at the Moose and called it a day, Not bad for such a low snow pack.

Enjoy the pics...

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

A
Nov 30, 2007
Hey, where is this from the top of cameron pass. Did you go into American lakes, Gould, Long Draw? We rode into gould and jack park today and snow was ok, but back towards Ruby Jewel and stuff it was 4ft deep.

So that was your tracks crossing 14 from the south and heading up Bockman Road/Montgomery Pass????

Sent you a PM

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
You HAVE to buy a seasonal parking pass to park in that area. Parking is VERY limited. If you do not buy a seasonal parking pass for $60 then every time you park there they will ticket you for $25. They are pretty strict on parking up there. I was up there last weekend. They need more snow and it was pretty wind blown.

T

Toddstud2003

Nov 27, 2007
Denver,Colorado
Are you talking about a colorado parks pass? I did not know there was a fee for that area. I had a ranger check my snowmobile last year but said nothing about a parking fee.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
You HAVE to buy a seasonal parking pass to park in that area. Parking is VERY limited. If you do not buy a seasonal parking pass for $60 then every time you park there they will ticket you for $25. They are pretty strict on parking up there. I was up there last weekend. They need more snow and it was pretty wind blown.

So is it kind like Vail Pass in that respect? Do they offer daily passes?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Different than Vail Pass. Don't think they offer daily passes.
Yeah the $60 yearly Colorado State parks pass is what you have to have. This is only required if you park behind the parking pass sign in the lot which most the time you do since the snowshoers take up all the parking along the road. Me and two others got tickets a couple weeks ago up there. Guy was a dick about it too.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Unless they've changed something this year, you only pay if you're in a Colorado State Forest parking lot (standard CO Parks daily use pass). The lot behing Gould (~2 miles south), and several of the pullouts along the hwy (where 7 Utes trail meets the Hwy is one) are no fee. Gould lot is in National Forest. The CSF rangers will still check for OHV stickers, though. And you don't get a warning... I almost got a ticket a few years ago for having the OHV sticker on the tunnel instead of the hood.

Map;
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z294/ItsDoAble/?action=view&current=GouldTrailSystem.jpg

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I got my ticket in the 7 Utes parking lot. When I got up there last weekend all the spots along the road were taken by snowshoers taking an avy course. No way I could have parked anywhere along the road with my trailer...

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
I got my ticket in the 7 Utes parking lot. When I got up there last weekend all the spots along the road were taken by snowshoers taking an avy course. No way I could have parked anywhere along the road with my trailer...

The small lot just east of where the 7 Utes trail crosses the creek, and west of where Bockman ends at the hwy? THAT SUCKS! We've been riding up ther for 15 years and I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed in that lot.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Yep, might as well go to Wolf Creek or anywhere else down south. tee hee. Nice pics punk! That's spot that drops into RMNP on the west always makes me want to go guerilla sledder.

K

Kong

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Pagosa Springs, CO
Nice pics. Wolf Creek and SW San Juans are rockin unbelieveable. Lived here 25 years, best snow I've seen in many years.

The heavy rain we got, and I mean heavy... laid down a solid base with 2'+ of powder on top of that depending on altitude.

More snow tomorrow.

Just keeps gettin better.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The small lot just east of where the 7 Utes trail crosses the creek, and west of where Bockman ends at the hwy? THAT SUCKS! We've been riding up ther for 15 years and I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed in that lot.

That's the one! I was pissed. Guy even wrote down the wrong license plate # on mine and my buddies ticket. I called him up the other week and he STILL made me pay it. Just wanted me to cross out and put in the right info on it. That's BS. If you can't write a ticket correctly, then it should be void. They didn't even have that little lot plowed out last weekend. Had to bust through it and almost got stuck in the process. So why am I buying a parking pass that's so expensive that they enforce when I can't even use the designated lot it's intended for!!! Jackson County Forest service guru's, if you are reading this please take NOTE!

Last edited:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
That's the one! I was pissed. Guy even wrote down the wrong license plate # on mine and my buddies ticket. I called him up the other week and he STILL made me pay it. Just wanted me to cross out and put in the right info on it. That's BS. If you can't write a ticket correctly, then it should be void. They didn't even have that little lot plowed out last weekend. Had to bust through it and almost got stuck in the process. So why am I buying a parking pass that's so expensive that they enforce when I can't even use the designated lot it's intended for!!! Jackson County Forest service guru's, if you are reading this please take NOTE!

Hmmm....I think I would have had to fight that one all the way up. If they can't write down the correct info, who's to say they were correct in where you parked? Some of those rangers are small men with medium sized badges.......

Premium Features