• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Bed/deck for Tacoma

S
Nov 29, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Alright, I have a 2003 Tacoma Double Cab and I heard of this sled deck that pivots on a a hitch device that mounts to you reciever. It's just a one place deal but that's all I need anyways. It would be nice because it adds extra "bed" to the truck seeing how it's a super short box so a lot more of the sled is supported when it's on the truck. I just use a little once place trailer right now but it kinda sucks when it's possible the sled could be on the truck and not have to tow a little dinky trailer. Does anyone have any info on this or seen something like it?

H
Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Don't know if any one sells them, this is home made; works pretty good. 1 person job on a lower truck 2 guys needed on a lifted one.

DSC00037.jpg

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Hi-Lite truck accessories makes what you're looking for. Not sure if it will fit in a small bed Tacoma though but give them a shout. Hi-Lite in Langley or Surrey BC. Other than that I saw either Specialty Sleds or Racers Edge listed something similar to what you're looking for on their website.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
A guy we rode with had a slick setup in his taco. Aluminum single deck, that cantilivered(sp) from the overhang down to the reciever hitch on his truck. Was super strong, held the M1000 with eaze...I must appologize, i dont recall who made it, but i do know it wasnt a home brewed setup if that helps.

S
Nov 29, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
A guy we rode with had a slick setup in his taco. Aluminum single deck, that cantilivered(sp) from the overhang down to the reciever hitch on his truck. Was super strong, held the M1000 with eaze...I must appologize, i dont recall who made it, but i do know it wasnt a home brewed setup if that helps.

Hahah there, you described it better than I could but that's exactly what I was trying to talk about. Hmmm... wonder where I could find this.

Y
Dec 14, 2007
sled bed

I saw what I think your looking for yesterday and took a picture.I believe it was factory built. I saw the cantileve one at the local snowshow this year but didn't get the manu's name. Looked to be a good set-up. I've built something similiar and will try to attach both pictures. Mine loads and unloads very easily (sled) and I can load the deck into the truck myself. Well something isn't working for attaching the pics, send me an email at yachtman32@comcast.net and I will send them.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
sledbed

I know a bit about the problem, the sled wont fit between the wheel well's so the sledbed idea doesn't really work, too much time and effort cutting it apart and narrowing it and then lifting it so the ski's are above the wheel wells
I'd be interested in what other guys are doing too

H
Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Thats one thing I haven't thought of the tacoma's are quite a bit narrower than the tundra and t100. Just thinking off the top of my head; something like a mini 'single' sled deck would be neat. The sled would sit just above the fender wells and maybe a 2 peice ramp underneath to avoid having to fit and fabricate a pivot and slider. A simple bolt to hold the ramps in and the deck wouldn't have to be any longer than the bed itself. You wouldn't have to worry about needing a hand lifting the sled up and sliding it in, with the ramp setup.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Ya I thought of that too but the truck bed aint long enough for that, the deck needs to extend to at least the end of the tailgate
Part 2 is the tailgate is made of tinfoil and cant support the weight of a sled
I picture the end of the ramp thing being mounted off the reciever
When do you wanna do some weldin?

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
I'll say it again...

Hi-Lite truck accessories manufactures the cantilever single deck that you're looking for. It locks into your receiver and it's a one finger operation the lift and slide the unit into the bed.

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO
I must suck at explaining myself.

Take the axel and tongue off of your one place.
Bolt the deck (flat part of old trailer) to the top of your wheel wells.
Fabricate a rack that attaches to your reciever and supports the deck.
Buy airbags to support the weight.
Store ramp below deck.

Or just sell the Taco to a beirded skinny skier and buy a larger vehicle.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i have wanted to make one just like that pivoting one, but never got around to it, the trailer base idea is pretty good seeming.

I
Buy real trucks and you will not have this issue. Were are you guys going by yourselves anyway? I don't get it. I have never riden alone in the mountains and never will for safety. Usually we try to take as few riggs as possible. Pile what we can on a deck and take the smallest trailer that will carry the number of sleds we need for the group plus 1 back up. Parking can always be and issue with to many riggs depending where you are riding and gas is expensive to be going up the hill by yourself unless you are anti-social.

Premium Features