• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

00-05 Poo 600 ves porting to 06 600ho specs?

R
Dec 14, 2007
Has anyone done this? Aside from the rear U shaped boost port what other port specs did Polaris change? It's been a while since I have been here and I just found out I had to reregister. RD

P
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
Exhaust port is wider and taller, transfers are staggered and higher, rear transfers are "hooked" to aim the charge toward the exhaust...thats all i can think of off hand.

P
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
You should be able to get them pretty close without any welding. I wouldnt personally raise the transfers as high as the HO cylinders anyway. Cut the "U" in the boost port, widen and slightly raise the main exhaust, enlarge the sub exhausts, and hook the transfers. Basically what SLP, Carls, etc. have been doing with their "trail porting".

R
Dec 14, 2007
You should be able to get them pretty close without any welding. I wouldnt personally raise the transfers as high as the HO cylinders anyway. Cut the "U" in the boost port, widen and slightly raise the main exhaust, enlarge the sub exhausts, and hook the transfers. Basically what SLP, Carls, etc. have been doing with their "trail porting".

Never seen any 6ves ported cylinders. Have those shops been doing the u boost cut, or did Poo start that on the HO?

Premium Features