• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons Rear Suspension?

SledKrazy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast Oregon
I was talking to a local dealer that told me the rear suspension to get for my yammy would be the new Simmons that Brad Story is raving about - however .. I cant find anything about it - is this fact? fiction? Does anyone know where I can read about this?

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
This is just observation from videos but, it looks like it transfers like crazy! Brad wursten(sp) IQ1200 in MM5 is a wheely machine and it looked like Brad Story's apex was as well. I havent seen or heard to much about it but its defintely something to look into. If you find something out please fill us in.

SledKrazy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast Oregon
Just called Simmons

Ok apparently they have it - its going to run about $2300 and it will be on the internet shortly when they finish the web revamp.

I will be speaking to Val this afternoon and will have all the details.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
What type of suspension is it? Is it like the ezryde with a large single swingarm, or more similar to the m-10 with doual arms?

sounds very interesting.

also, powder skid, or an everything skid.

M
Nov 26, 2007
W. WA
Ran one last season for a bit...well built (not the lightest, but not the heaviest either, nice feature is a dynamic cog/cam to adjust/control transfer at the rear tunnel mount point. Tried it in a 1M chassis driven by a watercraft triple...last season's geometry would not work with the location of the driveshaft in the 1M...but I understand that the skid has been under a number of boosted Apex and Brad ran his under the IQ as noted above...geometry worked great in those apps, just not 1M.

I found Val to be a great guy to deal with, very up front and helpful...always interested to help/make things work. PM Brad 1200PSI for his opinions directly...he always spoke highly of the skid, he'll shoot straight.

FWIW

SledKrazy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast Oregon
No Details Yet

Tried to reach Val via the contact information i was given but nothing yet - I will try again first part of the week.

I love the EzRyde - if Simmons does have such an animal I would be willing to give it its fair shake and decide.

If anyone knows more please share

J
Nov 27, 2007
skid

its more like the m10 than easy ride. I rode brads sled, it did stand up but I dont think that was anything to do with the skid. I think it had more to do with 26 lbs of boost.

Premium Features