• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kings Hill 07-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Well, we will try this again. Hope they dont change the Forum for a while..
As previously posted, have been up a couple of times to blow the cobs out. Doable but cant get off the trails much, need more snow.
Parking lot is plowed and they might try some grooming this week, snow permitting.
Fuzz

maxeater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
GF MT
kings hill 12-15-07

good snow not enough to get off trail in most areas. We went out to williams park about 8-10" fresh in the truck ruts. About 20" outside the ruts. Had powder over the hood from onion park on. Great road ride helps to be the first ones out. Best first day I've had in years.

maxeater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
GF MT
Needafoot or two before you can get off trail much. never went on the east side but heard it was pretty wind blown.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
We need more snow

We went up to Jefferson and Weatherwax last Sunday looking for elk. It was blown in so no 4x4's were able to get on top . The snow was ok for a first ride but iffy out where it was windblown. They got about 7'' of fresh since then but need more before I go again and the forcast isn't looking too promising, Ken.

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Couldnt believe there were only 3 other rigs when arrived at 0930. (there were about 10 when we returned)
Did the east bowls loop, Jefferson, Weatherwax and Musselshell. Wxwax had slid on both sides but OK in the middle. Did a couple of my "secret" back trails. Snow soft and watch for stumps but had fun.
Greg dug out the outhouses and busted the berm out of the parking lot. Groomed Powerline and not much else due to lack of snow. Trails arent bad, enough snow blown in to fill the truck tracks. Nothing in the forecast and we need a Big Dump.
Fuzz

T
Nov 26, 2007
Helena,MT
Here are a few pics from Sat. Not a bad ride as far as i am concerned. My wife had a blast on her new XP. Buddy was learning on his new M1000, and was getting re-aquainted with my 900.

Kory

KingsHill-Choteau-22-Copy.jpg

KingsHill-Choteau-19-Copy.jpg

KingsHill-Choteau-17-Copy.jpg

KingsHill-Choteau-10-Copy.jpg

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
glad to here somebody is getting theirs, mine was supposed to be loaded on 12-20, that didn't happen, now they are saying 1-5 no explanation, no garantee's, no returned emails or calls:face-icon-small-fro

T
Nov 26, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Looks like the hill is getting another dump today. Looking out my window all day at the snow pounding the hill, looks like it is stationary, it has just beening hanging out on the mountain all day. Showdown says 5 in. today and snowing. Hope it continues

T
Nov 26, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Showdown shows 33 on top 21 at the base 17 this week and 6 today. hope it keeps on comin. looks like we will be going up on the 12th hope it stays around. COP OUT give me a call heard you were going up this weekend. Spud heard you were up how was the riding?

Last edited:
P

polhiker

Nov 2, 2002
Chinook,montana
was up there today,snowed all day on us,was over the hood powder,just no base yet,watch out for stumps,in the meadows it was awsome,12-24 inches of powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features