• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ridin The Pine Pass

B
Jan 18, 2004
Mackenzie, BC
I was a little surprised by the amount of trees still hanging around. The snow was good for what there was. More would be nice of course.
I guess I just have to remember that it is still early in the season.
Bubba

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Hey Bubba how's the trail into murray's? What kinda snow was back there and is worth ridin' yet? You guys call beaver creek murrays right? Hope for a trip in there second week of Jan. Let me know........SLEDIOT

M
Dec 31, 2007
Rode Silversands on Dec 30. The snow was killer, the farther back you went the sweeter it got. The snow was powdery on top with a soft awsome traction base. There was awful riders in there though and totally killed the trail. On the way in the trail was perfect, ...fast. On the way out it was fast too only because the trenches were so long and deep my track only touched the ground twice the whole way out.

'08 XP154 ...Not a belt burner anymore.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Beaver Creek and Murray are one and the same. Murray is the range.

hey Murdock wondering if you were still sledding haven't seen ya around. I had an awesome couple of weeks riding and watching the snow thicken. Very sweet conditions can't wait to go again.

P

POK900

Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Murdock i see it true by the look of your signature "'08 XP154" NICE! Hope its workin good for ya. Congrats on the expected arrival... Hope you all had a good xmas and new year. Look forward to gettin back out soon. All Ive got in this year so far is a trip to the Pine with Renegad and a day of Avy training in Quartz. We need to hook up and get out this year. I can always go see a rig near Chetwynd...

TTYL

PK

R
Nov 27, 2007
Well we had another great riding weekend. Rode Powder King, Saturday, Old Friend on Sunday and Silver Sands on Monday. 70 cm of new snow weather was a sledders dream snowing snowing snowing. Great time and conditions.

ON Jan 2nd I saw a sledders truck at Old Friend parking lot with a broken side window. Any info on this. Is the theiving happening again or was it a total unrelated event? I;m hoping sledder locked keys in and broke window to retrieve them.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Did you notice if there were any tracks into paterson? the paterson trail is passed the old friend trail where it goes up through the old cut block.

V
Jan 15, 2008
BC
Old Friend is approx. 8 miles from the highway on the way to Reynolds. It is the name of the mountain in the area (I think you can see it from the highway).

R
Nov 27, 2007
Hey Cumminsnorth.

When we went into Old Friend the tracks carried on past the turn off. I was talking to Lawrence the trapper he was planning on breaking the trail in just after the new year he is as reliable as old man winter. so I'm pretty sure it was good to go then. With the amount of snow that we have had since then it might need to be rebroke. Let me know when you are planning on heading in there.

Premium Features