• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Scratchers Placement

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
For you guys forced to ride some crappy ice pack this winter, where did you put your scratchers on your 08 Nytro if you're running stock rails and wheel setup?

I was looking for some good placement and I'd like to get them as far forward as possible. The stock holes make me feel like they are still gonna be to far back to do any good so I was gonna drill up somewhere. Ideas? Pics?

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
unless you do something like this.....

apexscratcheronrail.jpg

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I just placed mine in the stock holes that were there. I have rode mine several times and noticed that the amount of spray and snow tumbling in the track was still reaching the front of the hyfax.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
ski scratchers!!!

I have used a single bolt in each ski for the past 4 or 5 yrs on a DOO(i know....... sorry) & have had NO problems with overheateing.
Quick & easy way: 3/8 bolt with a cpl washers & run it thru the hole that you drill in your inside corner or each ski. make it as long or short as you want it & presto....... great scratcher for snow or icy trails. sprays all the way from the front of the rails all trhe way back. they work amazing & last allseason plus more if they have a carbide tip welded on them(from a skil saw blade). no worries about forward, reverse, ripping track, just have to remember to take out prior to loading on the deck or trailer LOL:D

pm me for pics......... some reason i cant post pics here.:(

T

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
Thistledoo, where do you buy those scratchers? I have the standard type and can't get them mounted properly anywhere (I fully compressed the suspension and they will interfere with the spring). I moved my rear idlers to the inside under the rear shock but I know I will go through another set of sliders without the scratchers. Also, where did you guys get those nylon rollers?

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
unless you do something like this.....

apexscratcheronrail.jpg

Question: thistledoo, I am curious about the white circular "blocks" behind your torsion spring ends. Have you had any problems with the torsion spring end holder breaking. The one in the picture looks perfect.

When the torsion spring hits the blocks on my sled it would force the spring end to strike the top of the spring holder. Which over time has broken the black holder on both sides. Is this question clear........enough

Sorry for the highjack:beer;

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
all these set ups look like they work great , all i have to say is DO NOT USE CABLE SCRATCHERS ! i had a few buddies who tryed them last weekend what a joke it was hard snow not even ice and they overheated a few times on the trail and they have never over heated before

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
I used the slide kicks for the 1st time in the stock holes. Kept plenty of snow in there because the track carries the snow to the front. I may move them forward, but working good for now.

DSC00725.jpg

Premium Features