• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Hawks and a 6000 minute cell bill

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
So I'm looking forward to another 6,000 minute cell phone bill for December. Last year it was a bit shocking but living with Snow Hawk Addict I know how passionate he is and how many calls we get at all hours of the day and night. It's now 11:20 and he just got off the phone with a guy he's been talking to for about 2 hours. Needless to say I get a sliver of time each night to talk to him during snow season and usually it's just to give him his dinner.

My sisters kids all laugh because whenever we get on a road trip Tony gets on the phone and talks about Snow Hawk. Last time he talked from just about Tacoma to Portland, all the while we had dinner and he drove. We were heading down to the Washougal races to show off the Snow Hawk.

I'm sure that many of you have called him and been just overwhelmed with the abundance of knowledge and passion this guy has. I'd love to hear some stories, heaven knows I've got some. It cracks me up. Call away... :)

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Wake up call!

Also placed this under general snowmobiling for the dark side.

Can you imagine if your new water cooled dirt bike needed radiators because the factory figured the coolant within the cylinder was enough at start up.
Does it mater if the ABS on your Goldwing was perfected before you head down a mountain pass towing a trailer.
Nissan has a CVT in the Altima now, do you think they will rely on the housewife driving it to change a blown belt. NO, they built and tested till they trusted it.

Snowmobile tech is in the hands of five manufacturers compared to over one hundred, 30 years ago. They are so busy buying magazine articles, shootouts, and websites, they don’t have time or care to worry about the many loyal customers they are turning away to some other form of motor sports.
At the same time ignoring the future market, children!

Belt, clutch, engine, track, and structural failures are more common today than fouled spark plugs.

These Baby Boomer engineers reliving their 70’s high school hotrod days are putting together and selling unproven machines whom their predessesors would have left in the R and D department for future testing.

You forty-fifty somethings accept these POS’s because most of you buy new for your image, if you were such bad *** riders there would not be anything left of the machines the teens and twenty somethings are inheriting from you. Check the odometer and you will see most of you didn’t even log a thousand miles

Just like an old Honda XR200, you can pull a 1982 Yamaha/John Deere/Scorpion/etc, 340 snowmobile out from the dust, tinker a little, clean the carb, change the plugs, and ride it all day on the twenty year old belt last installed.

The future used market for today’s big displacement obese, unreliable machines will only be in the recycled materials.

I bought into the Snow hawk idea back in 2001 because it made sense, less power, less weight, same performance, if not more.

The people whom think I am just trying to sell something are dead wrong.
The more time I spend with it the more people around me see the light.

It sickened me to see these bought and sold magazines write small articles suggesting how much longer this machine would survive. They should have been praising its idea and suggesting the larger manufacturers take it up. Of course that would have meant the writers/not riders would have actually had to learn how to ride one in order to give the readers a real review.

Since I am still young enough, and have not many responcibilities, this issue pushed me to change my career and go after something I believed in.
2006 I quit my job and rode my motorcycle from Seattle to Quebec to try to convince AD Boivin to let me rekindle the fire.

Even they have started to believe the more power equals more interest theory.
That is true for some but not all I insisted.
The same issues, price, power, and reliability are starting to plague the Snow Hawk, and I want to take a few steps back.
The only way I will prove them wrong is with demand.

It should be obvious to most of you that I and others have created the interest, and increased the demand. Not to many used/new machines around anymore that are not in clenched hands.

The limited effort I am willing to putt towards this needs to increase and I think those of you current owners, believing dealers, and future wanters should pipe up and speak your minds.

There are about 1,500 of these machines out in this world and a hand full for sale, you one thousand plus need to get off your *** and yell your head off.

If you don’t your kids will be dumbed down with a legacy of the backwards tech created by a bunch of worn out Boomers long since moved away to places like Arizona, and Florida shuffling around their Corvette’s and Harley’s.

You wouldn’t give them a fifty cal. If there were no more BB guns, so why is their next sled from the already to big 500cc Phazer, going to be a 1000cc NITRO!

Tony Sexton

:D

E
Dec 6, 2007
tony, you always have something good to say!!!

guess what I'm ridding this year???? 503 baby i think I'm going to sell the 600....

503 way lighter and funner to ride.

yeah yeah I know...... you told me so!!!!!

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Also placed this under general snowmobiling for the dark side.

The people whom think I am just trying to sell something are dead wrong.

this issue pushed me to change my career and go after something I believed in.
2006 I quit my job and rode my motorcycle from Seattle to Quebec to try to convince AD Boivin to let me rekindle the fire.

The same issues, price, power, and reliability are starting to plague the Snow Hawk, and I want to take a few steps back.
The only way I will prove them wrong is with demand.
:D

Got to give you Kudos for your dedication, but even after talking with you at Puyallup, I still don't see how you can make a living with A.D. Boivin??? You'd have to sell a ton of Hawks, rent a ton of them, or be on the corporate payroll- but with their current high pricing, WAY limited availability, and alienating all current snowmobilers- you must have a large 2nd mortgage to draw from-
Like I said- Kudos for your commitment-
Blaser

Dec 4, 2007
pa
07 zo6 corvette........89k
fishing a blue marlin tournament in hawaii..........14k
taking turn one at pocono speedway at 155mph.....$500
skydive.........$185
snowhawking............................PRICELESS!!!!!!!

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007

Mike I couldn't agree with you more. We just talked to a guy in Alaska that has 4 of them. The guy is hardcore check out his myspace page www.myspace.com/alaskatoyrental. Can't wait to meet him. He says he's got 50 rental sleds but could care less he rides his hawks. Incredible photos of him riding a standup jetski at the end of a glacier.
Anyhow as the demand grows the pricing will drop. When you are only building a 100 or so a year parts are really expensive. If you look at photos of the factory they are handmade machines. So prices are going to be high for now. But $12,000 (before the dollar devalued) really isn't that big of a deal. People spend way more than that on their mod sleds. WAY more. Market demand drives prices down because the manufacturer buys the products cheaper.
I wish they werent' French, but I'm sure the ski doo guys deal with that too. Frenchies!!!!
We are aggressive about getting the used and leftover market into the right hands. There are deals to be had, but unlike regular sleds there just isn't that many.
We really don't see to many hard core sled riders make the transition, it's mainly a different type of rider. Maybe someday.
No we are not paid by the factory, no we aren't making money on this, no we don't have a stash of cash, but yes we have dedication. I wish :) Tony's payment comes from talking to everyone and building this sport. Our efforts will pay off some day, but it's more about the energy of the riders and getting people turned onto it. We both have full time jobs and do this also.

We have made great strides the last two years getting old machines on the snow. We had to clear out this market to create demand for a new market. We have found the price is not cost prohibitive to people really in the market for a machine. Granted it's pricey but so is everything that is quality built.

Thanks guys for your feedback we'll get there, and keep the phone ringing from 6 am to 11pm daily. :)
Tammy

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Anyhow as the demand grows the pricing will drop. Market demand drives prices down because the manufacturer buys the products cheaper.

Higher demand + low supply equals higher prices. Market demand drives prices upward, unless the supplier increases production past market equalibrium (where the supply and demand curves meet). Look at the crude oil price per barrel, it's supply and our demand for it, and how it affects our gas prices at the pump.
I think what you meant to say, is if the demand goes up it justifies the manufacturer in building more units; which lowers their cost of production- and increases the Manufacturers margins. Sadly, prices are rarely ever lowered while demand is high.

No we are not paid by the factory, no we aren't making money on this, no we don't have a stash of cash, but yes we have dedication. I wish :) Tony's payment comes from talking to everyone and building this sport. Our efforts will pay off some day, but it's more about the energy of the riders and getting people turned onto it. We both have full time jobs and do this also.

That's tremendous dedication. My compliments for that!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
How I got involved.

Why I'm a Snow Hawk Addict the looooooooooong version, I warned you!

snowhawkaddict

I would like to enter my story, but I think it will kill the thread if I paste this whole email I wrote in 2005 to AD Boivin.

Allot has changed since 2005, a career ended, and a dream is being lived!

This quest I have taken on has consumed my life lately, but every time someone new post's on the forum their discovery of this wonderful machine, I in some small way feel to blame.

Now if I could just find those newsbytes/articles in the old magazines stating the end of the Snow Hawk?

A few can make a difference.

I edited lots, so here goes.

Cool stuff?
Sent: Thu 10/13/05 1:25 AM

I am a little disappointed in the Northwest, Washington, Oregon, interest in the machine. I feel as if I am the only one out here riding one. Never seen another customer and sledders always ask me if it was me two weeks back at such and such location, and I'm pretty sure it was. Your friendly two guys that traveled around the country two years ago showing off the prototype 600HO, are the only folks I have ridden with, those poor guys were looking exaughsted by the time I met them at Mt. Bachelor in Bend Or. I wanted so much to continue on with them and spread the word. I know they will remember me there were only three other potential customers of wich one stayed in contact with me and still cannot bring himself to take a chance. Have two of your racing hats to prove it. I was the first person chomping at the bit to get one when edit Blank Motorsports received their fifteen units, but when I tried to negotiate a partial trade for my one year old Summit 700 141 RER, against an adjusted market value $8,699.00 503 fan Snow Hawk. At the time no introductory deals were being offered. I feel bad to admit that the price steered my faith in the product, but it was just two expensive at the time. The snow season was almost over 2002-2003 and I became aware of an add in the Seattle Times for a one only sale of $6,999.00 at Blank Mtspts. This time unwilling to take such a loss on my snowmobile I spoke to the owner, it seemed as if he was willing to do what ever it took to get one of them out there. I have known him for some time, and it seems the local attitude is "yeah we got it, how much you got", this time the terms were in my favor. Traded my prized 2001 BMW R1150GS, and received the Hawk, and the diff. He did ask me to report back periodically, and send anybody interested his way, no kickbacks of course, "You allready got your deal!" he said. I beleive he never hooked any body hard as I tried to show people. I can still hear my friend Martin's words when he tried it the first time we took it out "You traded that thing for a BMW?", he will have a tough time getting another chance. Must have crashed 26 times trying to understand what it would do everytime I tried a manuver, even wondered about the "BMW" thing myself that day. Learning those first two years had to be a sight, especially the road sections to the hills, and back from the trailer. I only got the new ski , and tank last year, yeah! Try flattracking solid ice roads that melt in the sunshine all day while you've been four thousand feet higher in the powder, keeping up with 800cc sleds throwing roost at you, running out of gass two times a day, (tried Polaris saddle bag tanks), broken headlight, and twenty pounds of your own roost on your back in the dark. Yeah I now have the deflector, and the yet to be installed handguards, the grip warmers can't handle the highside wipeouts. Getting those accessories was like pulling teeth from Blank Motorsports. they kept telling me that they were going to receive them free for all the leftover Hawks they had. Got tired of their disinterest in the machine, " if it does'nt sell itself then it is'nt worth promoting" even when your guys demoing the 600HO showed up after Oregon they just let people look at it in the parking lot. Since then it's gotten easyer to convince people to try it when they come running over to watch. This will be the fourth year with to date only two belts, and a pull cord have broken. I deal only with The Cycle Hut, in N. D., if I lived there, would work for those guys for peanutts. My friends point out that the machine never gets a break, stopping to eat takes away riding time, and R and D. I am aware of your other listed dealers in the state and have spoken to them last year before the season, Wennatchee stated they got the franchise only to get two for the staff. Olympia sounded angry and was done after receiving one 600HO. The owner in Yakima told me he would be demonstrating them at his home, and might call me to join them and share my experiences, never heard from them possibly because of last years lame snow. I convinced a good freind after talking to Blank Motorsports about purchasing their remaining nine Hawks at an agreed price. When we took in our money, we were turned down, seemed customers from Alaska could'nt get enough and were buying them via (ebay). In the end they still posses mabe four. That day when he wanted the (ebay) price, $4,200.00 he stated, "If I still have them next year you can have them all for $2,500.00 each." Of course when I sarcastically reminded him this summer he deneighed. My intent was to get them out there and show people what skilled woods dirt bike riders including women could do, I even intended to show how a freinds 12 year old son could do, he had ridden it both years by then. I was confident that I would at least break even, by selling them second party. Saw you guys at the 2001 WSSA expo representing Snowhawks, but informing me they were all presold. This novel I have just written you, sorry to say is even the way I speak, toooooo long, but I wanted to get it off my chest. Would love to hear from you folks, I assume the only way to get involved is to have a enormos bank account, which I hav'nt seem to come by yet, it's your fault you know, it ought to be elegal to distribute the drug "Snow Hawk". You can't get ahead very easy when you produce exotic toys for this big kid. Thank you, Anthony (Tony) Sexton (206)999-9729-cell(206)365-3211-work, or something to do while I dream.

The next year weeks before our annual WSSA snowmobile show I realized the 2002 Ski-Doo Summit 700RER snowmobile I had purchased two years prior had only accumilated 25mi more since getting the hawk. So I made a decision that if I was going to learn this thing I was going to have to make it my only choice.

My knees and neck kringe everytime I convince a snowmobiler to try it and have to chase them on their snowmobile to help pick them up from their first wipeout.

Pretty cool that there are company's out there willing to listen to their fans.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
07 zo6 corvette........89k
fishing a blue marlin tournament in hawaii..........14k
taking turn one at pocono speedway at 155mph.....$500
skydive.........$185
snowhawking............................PRICELESS!!!!!!!

wana know whats Priceless? Watching a Snowhawk 800 Mountain Try to doondock in 4 feet of new powder. Got Stuck so many times it was funny he rode my seld and said. Wow i wish i has 2 skis. Maybe the SnowHawk wasent desiged for Alaskan winters???

06 m7 cpc 1000 162.BD NIT.
MT tamer
Ve tunnel
Boss Seat
Diamond s Hood.
410 DRY.
270hp:)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
How's he doing now?

wana know whats Priceless? Watching a Snowhawk 800 Mountain Try to doondock in 4 feet of new powder. Got Stuck so many times it was funny he rode my seld and said. Wow i wish i has 2 skis. Maybe the SnowHawk wasent desiged for Alaskan winters???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDaFp3MsuE

Bottom Feeder,

If you see this guy again, please get him to contact me, some fellow Hawkers would love to help!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Sorry guys!

I gotta pay it in full before I can have it back on, soon.

Needs before wants this week I guess!

PM or Email if need.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Running out of steam.

Will 2Moto, Snoxcycle, or even AD Boivin give credit where it is due if they succeed where others have failed in the past?

Will you fellow Snow Hawk riders be willing to keep the pace up by buying 2009 $14,000.00 550F Hawks from ALL the dealer5, and subsidizing your old mount to your less fortunate, or cheap friends and relatives?

I believe the only way for the Hawk concept to take off is mass production, not two here and two there.

I and forty fellow riders still believe this machine can and should have toppled/dominated the Twoski industry.

Can't wait for the credit CRUNCH!

http://www.ishof.com/php/antique_restorer.php

http://vsck.org/extraside1.htm

Last edited:
Premium Features