• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MXZ 800 no power problem HELP

S
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops, BC
HELP , I just bought an 2003 800 MXZ rev, I gutted the airbox, put a thing can on it and had to change the reeds, It starts excellent, but as soon as I put it under load it just bogs down and wont go anywhere?? Any suggestions??

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Too lean with a gutted airbox? Stator problem? It ran great before you did all the work??

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
Double check every thing you just done. Try putting the air box back on then the can. Make sure the reeds are the right ones for your sled. I have found it is better to do one mod at a time. To many changes makes it harder to tune in.

Why did you change reeds if it ran fine before?

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
Sounds like the DESS key isn't getting a good connection. Common sympton is it will idle fine but when you try to go over 3k rpm is putts out. Double check that.

S
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops, BC
I had to change the reeds because the boot from the carb to the reeds was delaminating from the reed plate that bolts on to the block, I tried messing with the DESS key but that didnt help, the symptoms are like the engine is loading up and just wont get any RPMs. I am thinking it might be the reeds as i bought them on EBAY to try and save some $$$$, the local ski doo shop wants $550.00 for a apir, seems like hiway robbery to me.

Premium Features