• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greddy Type RS BOV ?

e-rod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Upstate New York
Is anyone else using a Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve? I ahve an 07 Fst Switchback and put one of these valves on the sled an it doesn't really seem to blow off unless you are at really high boost when you let off. I machined a flange and welded it right to the stock intercooler piping right behind the intercooler. I have the valve set all the way loose and it just doesn't seem to work well. The sled sounds like the turbo shutters at lower boost insted of blowing off. I was just wondering if anyone ahs any input or has had any problems like this.

e-rod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Upstate New York
I have the line that is hooked to the stock bov hooked up to the new valve. My problem is that it seems like it takes way more preasure to blow the valve off. My sled runs 18 psi of boost for 8 seconds and then drops down to 16 psi and it just seems like the turbo shutters instead of releasing the pressure. The stock valve seems like it blows off at almost no boost when you release the throttle and with the stock one you never hear the shuddering noise at all. Any other input would be great.

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I have a gready type s bov and there are two spings inside. I took one out so that it will react at lower boost. Rocky from boondockers told me they do this with the RS also. He said the problem is that they sometimes stick open with only one spring. Boondockers are going away from the RS because of this reason.

Last edited:
Premium Features