• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
We were up there last Saturday...was snowing all day and the powder was deep all day. 2 to 3 foot easy in most areas. A foot at the parking lot at Copper Creek and 1 foot thru town I was told. On top we were riding in powder where you could not see your windshield or handlebars....powder was going straight into your face. Was a lot of fun. Too overcast and snowy to see much far away tho.

B

BlackSummit

Nov 27, 2007
Great Falls Montana
I was told today that the snow on Huckleberry was at least 5 ft deep. Supposedly up to your arm pits when stuck. No base but they said the ridding was great. They have not groomed Big Mountain until the snow settles probably this week.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Shaw, Montana
I was up Saturday.

There was a big snow, snotel was reporting 90+ at copper camp. I heard earlier in the week the snow was all fluff. With the warmer weather, it settled ALOT. Visibility was very poor so we went into the bowls to the right, didnt bother going to the left twords the lake bowls. Should make for a good base.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
sweet! some of the guys from around here might go up copper creek saturday i hope! hope the snow is good!
cheers!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
snowsnob

first you HAVE to change your avatar :)

second, we need to plan a time to head yoru way to cruise Lincoln...

sounds like they are getting great snow...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Went out Sunday, finally getting a base.
It's kind of sneaky snow right now where you THINK you can go anywhere and stay on top but once you break through and start trenching it's all over....right Pam.;)

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
Any updates on Lincoln, planning a trip there the end of next week on our way to West Yellowstone. Do we make the trip or forget it and hit West for a few extra days?

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Brent your trying to keep all the good snow for us. You have to play fair and share Lincoln. From what I hear, another foot in town last week with more coming. I did not go up this weekend, but I work with someone that lives in Lincoln, so I get daily reports.

Hopefully, things are set up more. Should have a good base, but as Brent said, beware of the 3 feet of powder below that base. Finger tracks don't do so well in it. Of course, I made if farther than some of those guys with the regular tracks. There was one place it was just a stuck fest for about 5 sleds.

B

BlackSummit

Nov 27, 2007
Great Falls Montana
Pam, my wife and I will be up this weekend. We are staying at our friends cabin on Hi sign road. Will you be ridding the poker run Saturday night?
Gary
(Judy's brother even though she doesn't claim me)

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
we are heading out from minnesota on thursday and should be in late that night. talked to a friend from there and he said that the riding was ok not great. hoping to spend 3 days there getting the sleds warmed up for west yellowstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features