• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wolf Creek Area

B
Dec 8, 2007
Hey where does people ride in the Wolf Creek area? What is a good place to stay. Wolf Creek seems to be were all the snow is at, I have never been their before what can you guys tell me about it/???? thanks

O

onesnowdawg

Dec 6, 2007
Vallecito CO
Stay at the Spring Inn in Pagosa. You can ride during the day and soak in the hot springs at night. The best riding is accessed via the Tucker Ponds forest service road about 5 miles east of the ski area. They've just received record snowfall so bring plenty of beacons.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
If you are a good rider, that means sidehilling, Wolf Creek has some great riding. There is also plenty of groomed trail up the Tucker ponds trail. It tends to be a little warmer down there so the snow sets up pretty quick. So HURRY:eek:

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Creede

I haven't ridden in Creede but I do know that they have a snowmobile club there. You might want to give them a call. I think that area is pretty much untouched by most since it's so far out of the way.

I plan to ride there next year. I fish there every year and it looks like it has some good riding areas.

O

onesnowdawg

Dec 6, 2007
Vallecito CO
There's plenty of riding outside of Creede, but if you want to access the really good stuff, deep powder and panaramic views, you need to take the 45 minute drive from Creede up to Wolf Creek. They've received over 115 inches of snow in the last two weeks. I wasn't kidding about the beacons. If you really want to ride the Creede area I suggest taking the forest road up to Rio Grande Reservoir up and over Stoney Pass towards Silverton.

Premium Features