• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

White Pass / Chinook Pass (East side)

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
White Pass Saturday:

Went for a trail ride yesterday behind our cabin on the north side of the lake, and there was about 3 inches of powder on a thin (8"?) but adequate base for the trail. Keeping in mind that we were on a south facing slope, and there were some thin spots where the sun had been shining the previous days, it was still ridable. Went around the Tieton road around the south side of the lake and could tell that there was definitely more snow there (obviously), but was too late in the day to do any riding there, but there were still some sleds there.

With the storms that are coming through tonight and the next few days, it should be good riding for pretty much everywhere for next weekend!:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
South Fork Tieton

Went for a short ride after work this afternoon. There was about 18 inches in the parking area, and the lot and main trail were cleared/groomed, infact, my dad and I were the first to ride after grooming, so if you only see 4 tracks, you'll know who it was :D

Further up the mountain, the un-groomed "side" trail was broken by a few sleds b4 we got there, then, we turned off the main trail, and I broke trail thru almost 2 feet of pow, with a short base (prolly a foot or so). Drifts were almost waist deep as I did get stuck once (not badly).

Short ride, but all in all, not a bad one. Be careful for the occasional land mine, but overall, the season has now arrived for us around here!

Going up somewhere Sunday with my buddy, and will get another report in when we get back form that one:cool:

HAPPY SLEDDING:beer;

Premium Features