• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2nd & 3rd Ride on the Nytro

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
We got another good dumping of snow (about 2 feet) here at the ranch http://www.wyattwestranch.com last weekend. So this was the 1st time I could take the Nytro on the hills (didn't have enough snow 2 weeks ago) so I guess I'll start with that.

Hill Climbing- This sled continues to surprize me :eek: On the steep inclines it just continues to pull and pull and does not run out of steam like my Rev 800 would. It is funny to me that people call this a 600 class sled because I feel it out performs my 800 on the hills. Mabey it's a 4 stroke/fuel injected thing and has something to do with the 10,000 feet elevation I'm riding at.

Rear Exhaust- With all the fresh powder my gloves were getting iced over pretty good and after lunch the were pretty much frozen solid. The rear exhaust is an awsome hand warmer. 60 seconds and my gloves were warm and toasty, another 4 stoke major plus I discovered last weekend.

Hand warmers- They are just O.K. I had them turned up all the way and my hands were boarder line. I ordered the skinz protective gear pro series hand guards becuase they are a soft material and can be removed in 60 seconds, I'll report on these next week.

Pushing Powder- When your trying to turn at slow speeds snow will build up in front of the sled like a snow plow making it a little difficult to turn, once you hit the gas this is not an issue what so ever, the front end pop's up and away you go. I ordered a float plate from the same company as the hand gaurds and I will hopefully get to try that this weekend.

Mileage-Got 10.3 MPG on my 3rd tank (total miles on the sled 150) The same day my buddy on his Viper got 5.7 MPG. I'm pretty pleased with this cause we were pushing 2/3 feet of fresh all day. Oh yea, When the fuel light comes on you got about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons left in the tank (1 bar)

Here's some Video from last weekend just goofin off late Sunday. It was really flat light so I couldn't see more than 5-10 feet in front of me but you can still see the sled is super easy to pull over and carve up a hill.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zZREv0-cmDM

For those of you who want to come out and ride(and conditions are awsome!) we are booked Dec 22nd-Jan 4th, but if you want a cabin before or after those dates give us a call, my #'s on the website.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the update!! It just gets better and better doesn't it???

I have yet to ride mine and it looks like I won't get out until after the new year...I'm super bummed. We finally have snow, but my husband is in no hurry to get out... :(

with a new sled it might be time for a new husband?? LOL!! :p

J/K:D

Last edited:
Premium Features