• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Testing 2018 800 C-TEC2 in Cooke City

S

SpeedwerxInc

Nov 12, 2015
Forest Lake, MN
www.speedwerxstore.com
The 2018 Arctic Cat M8000 is the best stock mountain sled ever to roll off the assembly line in Thief River Falls, but you know we can't leave well enough alone! With a healthy dose of Speedwerx Straight-Up USA Horsepower from our Stage 2 Exterminator Kit, you can jump out in front and pull away from a stock sled with ease. The Stage 2 kit consists of our Fat Daddy Single Pipe and High-Flow Y-Pipe, Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel Controller, Stealth Head Mod, Moto Tassinari VForce3 Reeds, Hypershift Clutch Kit, High Flow Intake Vents, and an Aluminum Panel Vent Kit. We have kits available for those of you with ZR and XF models as well- check out www.speedwerxstore.com for more info and to order one for your new ride!

Check out these side by side drags up the hill-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOK62w5OpR0

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SOK62w5OpR0?ecver=1" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
I was there when you were tearing up daisy. Set- up sounded great. Clean and crisp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Figured I would get bad rep for that post. When you are a reputable company like Speedwerx, don't post videos running three abreast up a place that slides on a regular basis. Heck, go drag race in a flat meadow. And we wonder why the western guys get irritated with us flatlanders.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Figured I would get bad rep for that post. When you are a reputable company like Speedwerx, don't post videos running three abreast up a place that slides on a regular basis. Heck, go drag race in a flat meadow. And we wonder why the western guys get irritated with us flatlanders.

Just to be clear we get more irritated because your guys' sleds look better than ours after a year.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I was also up there one of the days they were testing. On that day the avalanche danger was rated low and the snowpack was pretty stable. It was snowing off/on, but it was very light and little to no wind transfer happening so not a lot of load being added to the slopes. Not saying they were on the safest slope, and they may or may not have been monitoring conditions properly, but if they were it was one of the lower risk times to play on slopes that are normally not a good idea to be on in Cooke.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I was also up there one of the days they were testing. On that day the avalanche danger was rated low and the snowpack was pretty stable. It was snowing off/on, but it was very light and little to no wind transfer happening so not a lot of load being added to the slopes. Not saying they were on the safest slope, and they may or may not have been monitoring conditions properly, but if they were it was one of the lower risk times to play on slopes that are normally not a good idea to be on in Cooke.

That might be true and could have been safe but I have seen crown butte let loose when it was packed down like a parking lot from people running up and down on it. That same hill they were on also slid years back while they were having a Snowest shootout hill climb. I guess when you have been riding a long time and have seen lots of bad stuff go down, yes maybe I'm a little paranoid. It's never fun digging a dead guy out from under 6 feet of snow.

Premium Features