• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chetwynd BC, Hasler area

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
rode the Hasler area last week on wednesday and thursday, good base and there was almost a foot of fresh snow. no visible rocks on the trail into the cabin, and when we loaded up to leave the grader had been there and cleared both parking areas. on the second day we ventured back as far as the aluminum bowl breaking trail all the way in, never tried getting up to the saddle that leads farther back into the other areas. great start to the season, hope to go back before xmas and will report further.

the Hasler area is located approx. 12 kms west of Chetwynd, and then 45 kms on a narrow, radio-controlled logging road to the parking lot. PM me for any details or questions, I also have gps tracks of most of the accessible areas as well as radio frequencies for the roads.

a few pics from last week.....

kinda chilly when we unloaded, it warmed up to just below freezing up top
pictures3366Small.jpg

mankiller, or avalanche alley, I'm sure there's more names for this spot...
pictures3384Small-1.jpg

me carving powder, note snow stuck to intake vent. air box mod required...
pictures3414.jpg

view from the summit...
pictures3406Small.jpg

buried the XP on the trail up to the alpine....
pictures3380Small.jpg

we were the only ones out there on wednesday, rode untouched pow all day
pictures3403Small.jpg

F
Dec 4, 2007
Nice pictures. Looks like Hassler is coming around. These pics make it hard to decide where to go. We were thinking of Bab**** (Tumbler Ridge) on Thursday.
Hmmmm.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
Nice pictures. Looks like Hassler is coming around. These pics make it hard to decide where to go. We were thinking of Bab**** (Tumbler Ridge) on Thursday.
Hmmmm.
hey man, we were thinking of heading somewhere this weekend, a couple of the guys just got their new XP's and want to ride. we'll prolly hit Hasler for a day trip. if you're in for the wknd, let me know. we'll hook up mebbe

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
wed Dec 19

Rode Hasler yesterday, epic day with ideal snow conditions, approx 18"-24" of pow all day long( I'm sure glad i'm boosted!:D). had fresh tracks everywhere we were the only ones there all day!!!!!

OH ya hasler sucks don't go there !:beer;

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Sounds like we got alittle more snow this week.

Talked with Grove(one of the grader operators that plows out the parking lot) today, sounds like we got some more snow this week. Heading out tomorrow to hasler. Anyone else going?

Wes

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Yesterday

Snow was very good. Visibility was sh!tty. Was a fun ride though. Saw a nytro with a broken front shock rod... 70kms on the sled :face-icon-small-dis

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
it would've been an excellent ride if it had cleared up a bit. we spent an hour or better on sunday just making a trail out of the aluminum bowl towards the bear's den, once we got up to the saddle it was a whiteout. we headed back down and found some meadows along the logging road that were untouched, some spots were waist deep or better. awesome snow conditions out there so far this year.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Would like to head out to hassler Sunday Dec 30th anyone interested? Wes G yer waste gate still flutterin'? In fer a ride? Will try and line up a few of the boys from Dawson........................SLEDIOT

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Im up for Sunday the 30th.

You betcha Im up for a ride on sunday. Let me know what time your gonna head out from town or the praking lot and we'll hook up. Snow at the back should be awesome. Or the backside of the aluiminum.... :beer;:beer;:beer;

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
You betcha Im up for a ride on sunday. Let me know what time your gonna head out from town or the praking lot and we'll hook up. Snow at the back should be awesome. Or the backside of the aluiminum.... :beer;:beer;:beer;

Should give me yer # so I can touch base with ya........

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
my buddy lost a black bag with his clothes, bibs (ski doo brand) and SOS beacon inside somewhere between Chetwynd and the Hasler parking area. a reward is offered for the return of the items, PM me if you have any info or found the bag. thanks

Premium Features