• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Iron Shootout

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
BigIron

They cancelled it because everyone heard my sled was done, sorry?? lmao

Last edited:

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
From my understanding, the BIS has been canceled indefinitely.... There is a non sanctioned event called the Big Dawg Shootout that happens in May... You will see info on that in the next month or so, but as I stated, the BIS is no longer....

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Why dont they have it in January? Wouldnt it be more challenging? I think it would seperate the real hillclimbers from the wannabes.

Have you ever tried to plan a date ahead in January up in Pemberton ?
Not a easy thing to do to be able to see.
This is where the Big Dawg Shootout is at.

BIS was shut down by the Canadian forest and lands dept.

There is a smaller one that will happen up there---But very hush-hush.

H20SKE...

Just go to the BDS---It has grown just like the ole BIS.

H20SKE...

S
Nov 28, 2007
I cant see it happening ....there is way to much liability. I know I know ...you can argue that too but the fact is it is the "Big Iron Shiet Show" really ...way too many people way too many idiots and not enough room for all of them. Cant see it happening

T
Dec 10, 2007
i know they cant have is as an event put what date is every one going to show off the kick *** sleds. looking forward to see some nytros done up there one day.

I
Why does it have to be a sanctioned event? Pick a date and people will show up. They can't close the forest. The greenies would like too but lets have just have a big riding weekend everyone shows up too. Nothing illegal about that. The town and merchants will love it. Get there early and watch the gong show.

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
everybody come to the alpine turbo ride! Its alot of fast sleds and a great time. Mabey we line them up and see who an get up turbo the fastest all at the same time! yeehaw, Darko will be there in his cowboy hat! The date has been chosen but I cant remember it,Ill post it in the next day or so. And we will get kenlcimb to judge the races so he wont whine about the winner.lol

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Why does it have to be a sanctioned event? Pick a date and people will show up.

That is exactly how the BIS started--

They can't close the forest. The greenies would like too but lets have just have a big riding weekend everyone shows up too. Nothing illegal about that.

BC can close it off---as can the US--And yes they can say that the group is to large or call it a illegal gathering.

The town and merchants will love it.

Would have been nice if the town merchants ahd spoke up a little louder to keep it going and helped fight to keep it going.

H20SKE...

T
Dec 10, 2007
so in stead of the big iron lets get every one to spread the word and get all your friends to come. sounds like a deal i will try to get as many as i can. Help spread the word guys.

M

M9onNOS

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2007
Last year everyone knew when it was happening and they can't stop it but they did limit the amount of sleds they let in to Boulder

Premium Features