• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatcher Pass (willow/palmer)

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
this will take some getting used.

But anyway here is my report for Hatchers................Sucks on the Willow side of lucky shot, cant report on the other side.

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
Hey Akhunter. Are you sellin off the pieces from your King Cat mods?? I've got a 2006 King Cat EFI. Do you know if your reeds will work? If so would you be willing to sell them. Let me know..

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Update... bad news.

Took my nephews snowboarding today Palmer side... some of the worst conditions i've seen in years. 16 inches at best in some spots. Not much more than a foot at the parking lot just beyond snowboarder dropoff... think its the Fishhook trailhead. It was snowing ever so lightly and super foggy, sooo it'll be a while if it does ever open.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
Not much to speak of this weekend. About 4" to 6" of new snow.

We decided to brave the rocks and made a trail up Dogsled and down the other side to the base of the Wall. Great snow over there on a blue bird COLD day.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Didn't ride Hatchers this weekend but we were close, rode down the river in Willow Sat & Sun and it was pretty damn cold out -25 both days and the river is still open in some areas. Not a place to ride on your own in case you break down.

D
Feb 28, 2007
Palmer,AK
Yeah I just wish it would open so I have a close place to test and tune since it's only like 10 minutes from my house. Hopefully this snow keeps up and covers some more of those rocks.

R
Dec 14, 2007
anchorage,alaska
Yeah I just wish it would open so I have a close place to test and tune since it's only like 10 minutes from my house. Hopefully this snow keeps up and covers some more of those rocks.
Same here, i just moved out to big lake and hatchers is only 20 minutes away but i need to do some clutching repairs and ill be ready to roop some pow lol
:face-icon-small-hap

Rode Willow side today. Stayed low and boondocked near the road because the hills were unrideable. Even though it was snowing hard, the wind was blowing about 30mph and the snirt just above treeline quickly turned into nothing but windblown dirt. Down low it was snowing/raining pretty hard. The snow was deep enough, but it was wet and heavy. Still beat working.

W
Looks like the Palmer side opens tomorrow at 6AM. Sounds like 20" of fresh snow to cover the rocks. Be careful of avalanches. Heard from a guy tonight that there isn't much snow up high and sounds like you are forced to stick to the trails in spots due to the lack of snow. There was also a warning about the rangers patrolling hard checking stickers.

Last edited:
Premium Features