• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Balancing - Alberta ?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone know if you can get a clutch balanced somewhere in Alberta ?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I took a couple of chunks out of it from the bolt that holds the bottom shroud on. Somehow it came up and hit the clutch and took 3 chunks out of the clutch. Symmetrically of course. I thought it might be wise to get it balanced.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I know Ken at Specialty Sleds was getting them balanced somewhere. 780-451-1130. There must be some place in Calgary that does it.

NM

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Cycle Works in Edmonton does stuff like that. They have a full machine shop. They balanced my 670 crank. Also Wheel Works in Edmonton might be able to help. They balance all my race bike rims and stators..

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Id be lookin for a new one or a used RX1 one off a wreck.....lot of HP going thru there and if it blew up it wouldnt be pretty.....fix the problem so it can never happen again and keep the clutch in the trailer for a back up. PM randy...he'll know where to find one.

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
I talked to cycle works about my clutch before I had it re-done they said if it had any cracks, chips or anything they wouldn't touch it unless I bought a new clutch or a used clutch in good shape.

heh Bring it to wheel works.. get them to fix it :p The do wonder with car/truck wheels might be able to do something with this.. as long as it's only a chunk or two missing, no cracks.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I think i rode it like that for a whole day. I just don't want it to come apart with 260HP behind it. I might have a line on a RX1 clutch, complee. If anyone else has any leads let me know.

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
I think i rode it like that for a whole day. I just don't want it to come apart with 260HP behind it. I might have a line on a RX1 clutch, complee. If anyone else has any leads let me know.

:p It's not the HP that'll get ya, it's the RPMs... my 97 rpm spinning at 8000rpm have the clutch grenade will due the same damaged as yours spinning at 8000 rpm.. unless your clutch physically is heavier...

ya ya I know technicalities.

E

Ern

Dec 3, 2007
Clutch Balancing

Clutch balancing can be done at Bel Engine Service
7924 Cornet Rd. Edmonton Phone # 780-465-3586 ask for Les.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Has anyone used one of the places for a sled clutch balancing , there all in Edmonton
1) Bel Engine service
2)AMS Engine Ltd
3) Cycle Works 4) Wheel Works

Thanks

Premium Features