• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Pump Relay Clicks - No power - Battery?

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
So the battery was dead on my apex after sitting all summer. Charged it up, and when I turn the key on (just on, not trying to start it), the fuel pump relay (3rd relay next to left footwell) just repeatedly clicks, the guages dont power up and the fuel pump never primes. It sounds just like a fast paced car blinker. I'm wondering if my battery is toast? Or the relay? I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've charged the battery from being compeltely dead. Also had the sled all tore down, so maybe it's something else.

I've read about that relay acting up when cold, but this is in a heated shop.

Also didnt get a chance to test the battery. Just charged it overnight. I figure the battery isn't in great condition, so would minimal power cause that relay to trip but nothing else power up?

G

geno

Nov 26, 2007
sounds like a dirty connection, start at the battery, and work in

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Connections are solid on the battery, no corosion. Would a toasted battery do the same thing? Before I charged it, it had nothing. Wouldnt even trip the fuel pump relay. After a charge it would make it click, but nothing more.

S

STRAYPUSSY

Nov 26, 2007
EDMONTON,AB
i had the same prob.. left the key on over nite and batt was totaly dead.. i charged it for a bit and same deal just a click. so i charged it longer on a 12v higher charge and just kept a eye on how hot it was getting. now it seams alright and starts ok.

G

geno

Nov 26, 2007
sealed lead acid batteries are designed to be charged with a constant current charger, verus a car voltage charger. The yami dealers use them in the shop, required equipment. A work around, like stray***** mentioned, is to charge on high, for a short period. Remove the battery, charge it on high, for about an hour, let it cool, and try it again. Or if the dealer is close by, let them charge it, on their fancy charger. :)

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
Tom, is it the original battery? I only got a season and a half outta mine. Succks when they die on the mountain. BTW used my goggles for the first time last weekend. Love em Dude. Need a pair with Quik straps now

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Tom, is it the original battery? I only got a season and a half outta mine. Succks when they die on the mountain. BTW used my goggles for the first time last weekend. Love em Dude. Need a pair with Quik straps now

Thanks man, glad ya like them.

Yea its the original battery. I'm going to order up a new one this week and give it a shot.

Premium Features