• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skyland

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I was up on the 1st. The snow was pretty skimpy until after the warming hut. Puzzle creek was adventurous to say the least. Lots of fallen trees (and lack of saws) made the trail kinda hard going. Lots of snow at the slide and further back toward nickel tree, and el tigre. Also lots of BIG rocks visible on nickel tree.

Supposedly there's been a few big dumps since then though. Should be good to go.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
hope so! i heard of some people goin up last weekend but i heard nothing about a snow report....just a story about a kid from Shelby sliding off the bridge by the parking lot into the river while his gf just stood around watching while he was pinned under his sled in the creek... dont think anyone got hurt though. if anyone has ridden let us know! we need some snow! think there are chances of snow all week...think snow!

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
hope so! i heard of some people goin up last weekend but i heard nothing about a snow report....just a story about a kid from Shelby sliding off the bridge by the parking lot into the river while his gf just stood around watching while he was pinned under his sled in the creek... dont think anyone got hurt though. if anyone has ridden let us know! we need some snow! think there are chances of snow all week...think snow!

hoping for snow myself, also hoping for a d8 to show up too!!

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
my dad and i might go up sometime around x-mas...hope they get more snow. if we go ill give a report and take some pics....think snow!

M

mtnrider406

Dec 2, 2007
rexford mt
Anybody goin in this weekend I would like to ride up there but never been!!! If someone dont mind a tag along let me know Im open all weekend

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
i think we have a big groupe goin up this weekend. some of them havnt been there and only want to ride trails...me on the other hand im only usin the trails to get to the good stuff. should be getting alot of snow right now!!! if we didnt have such a big groupe goin i would be more than happy to show ya around.

M

mtnrider406

Dec 2, 2007
rexford mt
i think we have a big groupe goin up this weekend. some of them havnt been there and only want to ride trails...me on the other hand im only usin the trails to get to the good stuff. should be getting alot of snow right now!!! if we didnt have such a big groupe goin i would be more than happy to show ya around.

Thats cool man...I ended up getting stuck taking a bunch of newbies up graves creek:( should be interesting with a cuple foot of fresh but what the heck its riding:)Maybe some othertime let me know

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
went up yesterday! was sweet! had bout 2 feet of fresh and one guy ended up gettin into an avy...he had an ABS pack on and he was ok....it was a small slide but big enough to kill ya. all in all it was a good day. more snow to come 2!

J
Dec 3, 2007
I live by snowslip. Its beensnowing there just about every day. lots of snow for this time of year.mule ridge has about 3feet on top

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I went to skyland on saturday dec 22, it was great 12-15 inches of new snow the sledding was great, but el tigre slid when the cornice broke off from a 800 rev, i later rode over the top of el tigre, after the slide, but the snow was great, i live in kalispell and would love to meet up with u guys to ride on the 26th please call jeff at 406-250-8695, i'm from shelby myself, been a highliner for 20 some years, riding a 07 m1000 and i know skyland really well, thank u

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
worked on the kinyon compressor station years back, your folk's place?

i'm going to see how my schedule works here and see if i can get away, might be giving you a call, i am going to see if i can get a couple guys together, know a couple guys from shelby/cutbank too, they were talking about goin this coming weekend, i like it when theres not a crowd.

Premium Features