• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tollgate-conditions/whos riding?

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
I rode there from 11-30 too 12-02

There was about 3-4 ft on the ground depending on how high you were.

We rode off trail in many areas by Skyline but stopped in that area because we were bumping bottom too often.

Up past Spout Springs we rode off trail with no problems

It warmed up after we left. The 3-4turned into 2 ft and re-froze into a solid base. There is about 18 inches over that base now.

If you know the area and what is under the snow where your riding you can ride off trail.

If your new to the area I wouldnt do it.

RayRMK700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Ritzville, WA
I rode up at Tollgate on Dec 1st also and as painterdrew said there was probably 3 feet or more but it was all powder. Then they got somethin like an inch or more of rain and now its a solid 2ft base or so.
Had a friend who rode up there this weekend and said it was a good base with about 8 inches of powder on top.

I will most likely be up there this coming weekend with my parents and a friend from Walla Walla and it sounds like its supposed to snow friday and friday night:)

I rode on saturday, out to Bone and past, someone is still driving 4 wheeel drives up Tiger have the roads all screwed up, not good out there , off trail no problem be careful though , friend rode my other sled into a forest service block off hole, not good on the sled.or his body. was good base with about 6 inches of fluff on top, trails were great, kudo's to the groomer. Was a bit foggy on and off some blue sky too. About another foot and could probably get off any where. Hit a couple rocks looking over the canyon. All in all a nice early season ride

Snowman 2001

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Othello, WA
Rode sunday as well

We rode the loop around balloon tree. Excellent breakin ride for the dragon. Could go off trail but still had to be a little careful.

M
Dec 7, 2007
Benton City, WA
licensing?

I am a washington resident, I would like to come down to tollgate; what do I have to do to ride my sleds down there? Do I have to license them in oregon or do my washington sno-park permit and license work?

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
The only thing you would need is an Oregon Sno Park permit. You can get a day permit or a year permit. Here is a link to a current picture, current weather and riding conditions up at Tollgate. You can call them and they can tell you for sure on the permit thing.

www.tamarackinnbb.com/weather.htm

Let me know when your coming, I like to meet felow forum members.

Austin

P

palidan

Dec 3, 2007
re. license

oregon honers both warshington slead license and snowpark permit.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
True, even Cally honors ours from Oregon. I'm interested in Halfway. Any suggestions on where to stay. We would like to be in town. We'd be happy to buy dinner and drinks for a local guide.

I could be your guy for Halfway but not sure about the snow there yet either, only showing 22 inches at the snotel, at 5400ft but most riding is at 6500-7000 so should be better on the higher side of the mtn, but I havnet exactly heard yet , not much for groomed trails there and a lot of rocks , so it needs at least 4 ft or more before I would suggest going, but I am thinking about it for 22nd weekend, there is Halfway motel in town I also know of a 3 bedroom house for $25 a person, this time of year I like to ride the east side of the mtn and just drive up to the snowline and ride is better riding. Deeper snow side of the mtn

Last edited:
I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Thanks man I'll keep in touch. We probably won't even get excited till the snow gets deep. Gotta justify the long drive.

C
Dec 4, 2007
Quincy,WA
Bluemtnsnoguide,

I am going to Halfway from January 6 to 9. I am intrested in the house that you were talking about. The people I am going with were talking about a warming hut. Is this on the east or west side. Your input sounds very good. Do you want to ride any of those days? Thanks for any info.

Thanks
ChrisMo

Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
washington snow park pass

Oregon will honor a washinton permit, and washington will honor an oregon permit on an oregon vehicle. If you are from washington and have wa plates on your truck, washington will not honor an oregon snopark permit- Some a** will write you a ticket(Dayton) Also, in washington you can get a ticket for an unliscenced snowmobile, even if it is on/in the trailer- so don't store your spare sleds in the trailer with expiered tabs.

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
I was up on Dec 1st on a borrowed sled. The Bone Springs warming hut hadn't been opened up yet, but still had fun. Can't wait to get the old XLT out in the snow now that it's all put back together.

A bud and I may go up this Saturday if the snow is looking good.

Chrismo Hi there Jan 6th might be a possiblity, the warming hut is more west side, and it is just that, basically lunch place and nice to know if you are ever snowed in, the house is about 8 miles out of town but a good deal, 3 bedroom 1 couch cable tv kitchen round about parking, he actually has 2 he rents and if you want to ride from the east side of mtn over it is only a mile away, the main snopark is north out of town about 6 miles , only 1 groomed road on the whole mtn but it also parallels most of it. a-rfulr@pinetel.com this should get you to Art the guy with the cabin save room for me and one other, if you want lots more info my cell 509 520 4160

P

powder Head

Nov 27, 2007
Marysville Wash
The wife and I are comming over Christmas day, hope they get a little more white. Dana if if you can get a chance to ride on the 26th it would be great to ride with you again.

Premium Features