• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Utah Snow Conditions

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Guess I'll start a new one in here ;)

We rode the Uintahs outta Vernal saturday and sunday ...

Trail riding, there wasn't enough snow to get off the trail. Went through Red Cloud Loop, East Park, Ashley Twin lakes trying to get to Liddy from the other side ...

We pretty well stuck to the trail the whole way, even in some of the medows we knew to be relativley free of rocks we were draggin dirt with our skis carving and whatnot ...

There is honestly more snow here in town than there is in the mountain right now.

But what the hell, ridin's ridin ;)

It looked like the mountains might have gotten hit pretty good today, I dunno. I have to work from tomorrow straight through the first week of January in Colorado with no break so I am hoping to god that there's snow by the time I get back to Vernal :(

S
Nov 27, 2007
so. utah

rode sunday got to try out new cutler tm8 we have 2.5 to 3 feet klimed the logging chutes. but was iffy. lots of pow in medows know where most of the the big rocks are past ex.:mad:

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Heber

We rode up to Tower mountain on Sunday, and the trails had plenty of snow, but getting off was a little scary. There was about 2-3 ft of snow in most places. Hit a few rocks & stumps getting off the trail, but all in all a pretty good day. 1 more good storm, and it should be go anywhere snow. Everything was covered, but they would still throw you off the sled if you wern't careful.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Clinton, Utah
Monte wasn't great but it was ridable on the trail toward Hardware Ranch. The road was thin for snow. As long as more snow comes before the sun gets a hold of it, it might start to pile up soon.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Rode Monte yesterday. Went up toward Whisky/Curtis Creek. The snow was thin on the road. Didn't dare to get off the road. But I got to break in the new sled. Need More Snow!!!!!!:mad:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
you monte boys are missing out on some great early season riding. Monte is not good till mid january. It is like that every year. If i had a camera with me on saturday you boys would be drollin at the mouth. Hint: Uintahs, 10200 Ft... Can you say chest deep pow? No rocks in sight? ya.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Im up for the Uintahs on Sunday, dont know my way around to well, I have only been to Mirror lake a couple times. Anyone else going that knows that area well?

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
I was on a 2006 blue Summit 800 144", with my son riding in front of me.

Worth a shot ya never know who you run into on the hill. Met up with a couple guys on doo's up @ monte today. They stopped and chatted awhile while I was letting my rig cool out
:face-icon-small-ton
Maybe Ill bump into you next time.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
you monte boys are missing out on some great early season riding. Monte is not good till mid january. It is like that every year. If i had a camera with me on saturday you boys would be drollin at the mouth. Hint: Uintahs, 10200 Ft... Can you say chest deep pow? No rocks in sight? ya.

The ONLY reason we wen't to monte today is I had a short window to get out and ride and it is close. I am sure Dunatic will remind for a very long time we should have went to the Uintas:rolleyes:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The ONLY reason we wen't to monte today is I had a short window to get out and ride and it is close. I am sure Dunatic will remind for a very long time we should have went to the Uintas:rolleyes:

Ya you should of. Deepest pow i have ever rode :eek:

And rixster just take the highway to the top and start exploring. It will be good, but it was getting tracked up fast this weekend.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah

We should have went to the Uintahs.....:beer;

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah

I normally don't go to Monte (boring) but i wanted to go somewhere close. Almost went to Strawberry/Uinta instead. Wish we would have.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Clinton, Utah
The unfortunate thing is it is nearly mid December and you have to drive a few hours and get to 10,000 feet to find chest deep snow. This is my first year riding in Utah (maybe my last) and it is interesting seeing what is considered good snow. I'm not looking for a Revy substitute, but these mountains should be hammered with snow even at 7000-8000 feet. I'm sure it will get better and I'm being patient.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Clinton, Utah
I'm open for Sunday. Saturday doesn't work for me but I can be gone all day Sunday. Would be nice to get to an area where you can get off trail without sweating landmines. If anyone is willing so show a "new to Utah" rider, I'd appreciate it. I'm not a novice rider and have enough experience to get a sled where ever I want it.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
The unfortunate thing is it is nearly mid December and you have to drive a few hours and get to 10,000 feet to find chest deep snow. This is my first year riding in Utah (maybe my last) and it is interesting seeing what is considered good snow. I'm not looking for a Revy substitute, but these mountains should be hammered with snow even at 7000-8000 feet. I'm sure it will get better and I'm being patient.

Winter in Utah's Mountains is not traditional. Usually the Riding is best From the First of January until the Middle of May. I don't know why people have it in there minds that Winter starts in November and ends in March? If that is your opinion on Winter, Sorry you miss some of the best riding around.
Also the further south you go the higher you've got to go to find the same snow that's up north, 7,000ft in Canada is like 10,000 ft in Utah, luckly Utah has a lot of 10,000ft Mtns.

Be patient and don't start golfing too early, you will see what I mean.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
tell me where Im wanting to go saturday

give me a better hint than that. I was at 11000 saturday and there was only 4" was dragging my skis on the road.

Premium Features