• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFFICIAL flathead valley snow report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
amen, we got 3-4 inches in town and 9 on the hill out of a 30-60 percent chance of snow that wasnt supposed to be more than an inch, pray for snow.

and sweet avatar.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
You can always ride Canyon Creek (back side of The Big Mountain). Nice trail ride for visitors and tourists. Go see the guys at J&L Rental and they can hook you up with a guide.

Canyon creek is good, great boondocking all around canyon creek, ton of area. The best way is to tag along with a local to get into the good stuff! The south fork is supposed to be awesome, I haven't ridden back there, though. I always ride in china basin, one range over from canyon creek, good tree riding, open play areas all over.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I would say it is a trail ride, but it you hook up with some people here on Snowest I'm sure you can find someone to take you up Red Meadows or the backcountry around Canyon Creek.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I would be willing to let you tag along on the Canyon creek rides, WE, the people i ride with, prefer it the most as there is so much tree riding that we can play all day and never run out of places to go, and we can go into the summit house and warm up and eat or hang out in the warming hut. the later making it our favorite, ther are a few good chutes to show what you can climb, but thats not what we ride for.

what will you be riding?

Last edited:
R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Anybody been up Graves Creek or know how it's coming along?

M5

I know that Snotel has Graves Creek at 6 inches and Stahl Peak is at 45 inches. I think we went last year when Graves had about 15 inches and Stahl had 50 or so. Was good.... but I imagine it's not too hot yet. Need at least one more good dump.

Stahl seems to have the most snow of any Snotel site in the NW Montana area.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah the snow in that aread is very elevation sensative, becuase we had some issues with the rain and warmth, but once you break 6000 its really good riding.

H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
I would be willing to let you tag along on the Canyon creek rides, WE, the people i ride with, prefer it the most as there is so much tree riding that we can play all day and never run out of places to go, and we can go into the summit house and warm up and eat or hang out in the warming hut. the later making it our favorite, ther are a few good chutes to show what you can climb, but thats not what we ride for.

what will you be riding?

i'll be riding an 06 660 rmk 155 with some additional porting and other goodies. I'm from washington so we do a lot of tree riding also. yea that would be great to tag along with you guys for a day of riding. Im gonna have a novice rider with me one of the days, so maybe the trail ride on one of the days, and then meet up with you guys for another day and leave the novice at home? What elevation is it over there?

M

mtnrider406

Dec 2, 2007
rexford mt
last i heard on graves creek was 4' @ the lake I was up on the pass 2 weeks ago and there was only 4' there but its dumped a couple times since then gona try to go into wolverine cabin saturday if I get the sled back together btween now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features