• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you think of these? Trailer "SoftToppers"

440rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
if u only used it on the trip & store in summer & stay out of trees it would be good & light.

A
Jul 27, 2001
Meridian, ID
I had a soft enclosure made of "sharkskin" material. It is used on jet boat tops and withstood uv and the sun really well. It was a bit lower profile and could be completely moved out of the way for loading and unloading. There is a dealer here in the Boise area that still has a couple of them. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you his name. I think he'd beat $1000 also.

2003-11-23 Trailer cover side1.jpg

You could just fold the whole bow to the center from either end. It worked great.

D
Nov 28, 2007
If you want a quality canvas/fabric top for yor trailer get a snocap, here's a link to thier website http://www.snocapstrailer.com
1300.00 for a top that accomodates fold down salt shields/ramps on a 2-place, 10ft V-nose. Just to give you an idea, if you have ever been around a fabric aircraft such as a Piper Cub etc... the material is as taught as that, however, it is MUCH more durable. The company calls it road armor they are located in Montrose, MN and they sell shippable kits. Check it out... if you were ready to spend $1000 for what amounts to a glorified tarp flapping in the wind dont... spend the extra couple hundred and get this, plus it has a 5 year warranty!

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Thanks for the input.

My alterior motive was also to get something with a 7 foot tall opening so I could store my Polaris Ranger in there.

Premium Features