• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'18 MC Bar Height? - Taller Rider

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
Guys,

Coming off of a pro and MC will be my first cat I've ridden. I'm 6'2" and wondering if the stock bar height will be ok, or are those that are taller needing to put a slightly taller riser on?

Looking forward to the change.

Thanks guys,

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I'm 6'3" and for me the stock height is too low. On my girl friend's 2016, I have to bend over slightly. I am not a fan of that. I had a 2013 HCR with a fixed post, with stock riser, but CFR Boondocker bars. I believe the CFR bars add two inches, and it was perfect. I could stand up straight with a slight bend in my arms, which is my preferred riding position.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Here is a photo. It should give you a good idea if that is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• 20170219_134356.jpg
    20170219_134356.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 153

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
I have the 2018 and am 6'2" without boots on. 2" taller than stock is just right for me.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Not sure on the cables...

I ordered a Powermadd adjustable for mine. They are like $125 on amazon and go from 5" to 8", I got used to having an adjustable last year and it's nice to have, easy to find your sweet spot and if someone else wants to borrow it they can adjust it if they want too.

Powermadd Adjustable

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I'm 6'3" and find the stock handlebar height perfect on the 2018 M8.

I personally despise having them too high. Takes leverage away and makes you work your shoulders too hard.

I would rather have them too low then too high.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm 6'3" and find the stock handlebar height perfect on the 2018 M8.

I personally despise having them too high. Takes leverage away and makes you work your shoulders too hard.

I would rather have them too low then too high.

I agree, bottom line is everyone should get on one and make a judgement call from there. I'm 6'5" and my wingspan is a bit shorter than that so I can't stand in the stirrups with my knees slightly bent and reach the bars very well. I'm guessing I will only need an inch or two over stock at most, but I'm part Yeti so most should really jump on one first. This is also why I like the adjustable bars, once I'm actually riding the sled and get into a groove of where I'm positioned on it, my ideal bar height will probably be different than when standing on one in the showroom...

That being said, I'm not one to go in for the Burandt/Rasmussen says you should have lower risers so that's where they have to be thing. I see tons of people deciding that because these two claim something, that's just what needs to be done. It's simple. Those guys buy their clothes at a children's store (they is tiny) and ride with the bars in their chest 90% of the time because of the terrain they ride. Of course they prefer short risers. Sledding is not a one size fits all sport, not everyone likes to ride high consequence terrain, and people come in all shapes and sizes. IMO, ride your sled a bunch and it'll be easy to tell where you need your bars at. Yet another reason I've made the switch to adjustable bars, I'll sacrifice a few ounces of weight to be able to dial in the right height for both my size and riding style.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
At 6' i went with 1" rise, gives more leverage not less:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features