• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700 Non Ves Issues

F
Dec 10, 2007
Just dropped a 700 Non ves twin with twin pipes in my sled, it is ported, heads are cut, timing is advanced. Its a 2001 motor judging by the carbs. My problem is that when the sled warms slightly it wont even crack engagement just dies, I hit the choke it gets worse, I am thinking it is rich, or there is some sensor out of wack. I am used to running a 440 racer so this motor is all new to me. I cleaned the carbs the main jet and pilot looked clean. Wasnt sure how to get to the needle, tackling that tonight. When its cold you can idle it around the more throttle the worse, after it warms up some it gets bad you can spin the track for a second the motor dies down. Stock jetting is 500,520, I have 490's, SLP says I should be 6 sizes higher than stock based on K&N's and porting. I am running race fuel. This setup worked when the motor was used years ago.

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
polaris uses a kill switch in the flipper to open the carbs, chances are you have to much slack in the throttle cable and its turning off the ignition. check that first !

O
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey
yup, check the safetey shut off switch in the trottle lever assembly, mine did this last year after I hooked up my lefty throttle, it just tweaked the flipper that little bit to kill the ignition at times. Good luck!

Premium Features