• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is involved in a 162" mod on Nytro?

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Looking to get more track underneath me...what all is required to swap the 153 to a 162? Can the apex 16 x 162 fit?

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So did you swap the entire Apex skid (rear suspension and all) to the Nytro? I wonder if the Timbersled Apex system would be a good upgrade as long as you could acquire the rails cheaply.....

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, have been working on dirt bikes and motors most of my life. Is this something a slightly above average mech could accomplish? What parts did you swap, and where did you get them? Thanks for your help!!

Btw, how does the Nytro feel in the deep powder with the wider and longer track? I kept trenching yesterday....it was hard to stay on top.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Sled didnt trench at all in set up pow with 12 to 18 inches of soft on top. Had to build new rear brackets and then used longer bolts and spacers for the rear shaft. GO for it....couple nights and you'll be done. I used the nytro skid but switched out to 162 rails.

K
Dec 2, 2007
Drumheller, Alberta
Just put a 162"x16"2.5" in a nytro last week. Just as thistledoo said, have to grind some bolts and nuts down, replace some rivets, different drop brackets (CRRacing). Will fit in the stock lenght tunnel but an aftermarket tunnel is the right way. I am just waiting for my CR tunnel. The 162 is a must IMO. Ordered stock 162 apex rails, pressed the rails straight and the rest of the Nytro skid just bolted up perfect.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I found the tunnel was way short....so a bud and I fabbed up a new kicked extension....you can see the new brackets we made also. I used ICE AGE rails and it all worked out.

P1010024.jpg

Premium Features