• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 BD Box flashing injector fault?

L
Nov 27, 2007
My Boondocker box on my 07 M1000 is saying INJECTOR FAULT across the screen. Melted down both sides yesterday and noticed as I was limping it home. I have an SLP single setup and sno pro mod air box and put 900 miles on last year with no problems. Had the ECU reflashed by AC and got the sled back on friday, made it about 4 miles and she seized up. Any help would be appreciated.

F
Nov 26, 2007
www.boondockers.com
If everything was working ok before, then you most likely have a bad connection somewhere - check to make sure no wires are frayed or pulled out of a connector - tug on each wire to see if it is loose in both the white connectors and injector connectors, also check that the pins are all the same height in the white connectors and the female socket pins haven't spread apart too much. The injector error means the box is not seeing a proper injector signal either due to a bad wire or the wires are crossed in the black connector. Also, be aware the newer reflash is very different and will likely require retuning.

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
same problem on 08

have the same thing on an 08 M1000. Running SLP single setup, RKT head, modded air box. Flashing injector error and then pto injector error and mag injector error. Runs good for the first ten minutes of the ride then pops and sputters about 6500 rpms and flashes error code on the bd box. Whatever the problem it makes the bottom end just stupid rich, loads up and doesent even hardly want to start. I have been all over the connections atleast twice. My temps were always good on the EGT so not worried about a burn down, it definatly is something electrical and happens once the sled is warm. I am thinking the problem has to be in the ecu. I am looking for another one to borrow so I can test my theory, I will keep you updated as to what I find, if you will do the same.

Greg

L
Nov 27, 2007
Talked to Boondocker today.

I talked to Boondocker after posting this today and they are well aware of the problem and told me to send the box in asap and they will reprogram it under warranty, However, he said that it should not have any effect on the sled running lean. The problem is that the wiring to the box is picking up feedback from the fuel pump, or coils and the only way to cure the problem is to have the recall preformed. 2 to 3 day turnaround time. I am thinking that Cat must have went way lean somewhere in the new mapping and I didnt pay enough attention to notice. I also talked to SLP today and they said that all the guys with 08s are running the same recommended BD box settings as 07s. BE CAREFUL, because something is obviously very different. I have put 4 miles on this year and already dealing with this BS, a Nitro MTX is looking pretty good for me right about now.

Premium Features