• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 rumors?

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I heard a good one here the other day (remember this is gossip)

Cat overturned the RER (or perc) patent, apparently the technology has been used for many years in many other applications such as golf carts, go-carts, boats etc...

Im thinking the old Diamond drive with no reverse (-15lbs)
engine with a reverse engine technology like RER
m6 m8 and m1k upped another 10-15hp
perhaps in a new racer type chassis?

thoughts on this gang?

Hey perhaps we are a tad heavier than the other two brands but at least the cats dont need 4 or 5 belts for a weekend of riding, and we dont eat cranks! (see TA Wyomings XP motor disaster) we have a year behind the m8 and m1k, to me they are just a better machine than those crank eating other brands
biased....maybe, however makes sense to me

B

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
hope they don't use the rer, not looking forward to having to restart my sled every other time i put it in reverse. with the new xp they will have to do something besides bng's!!!

A
Dec 4, 2007
Fairbanks
I had RER on an 01 Summit and I really liked it. I think it would be great to lose 15 pounds and still be able to have reverse. The unit for it weighs less than 10 oz. I think. I just hope they work out all the bugs first.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
What's wrong with the M chasis??? NOTHING!!!! This is such a nimble and controllable chasis. Personally, I don't want a long tracked race or trail sled. I want a MOUNTAIN sled. Has anyone ridden in bottomless dry fluffy snow? There isn't another brand of sled out there that is better than the M sleds. I would like if they took note from polaris on the gas tank seat tunnel setup. my $.02

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
What's wrong with the M chasis??? NOTHING!!!! This is such a nimble and controllable chasis. Personally, I don't want a long tracked race or trail sled. I want a MOUNTAIN sled. Has anyone ridden in bottomless dry fluffy snow? There isn't another brand of sled out there that is better than the M sleds. I would like if they took note from polaris on the gas tank seat tunnel setup. my $.02

I agree!!!!!! I love the M chasis. I came off a 900 1M and its night and day better. Also a lot better looking:D

J
Dec 8, 2007
The only thing Cat NEEDS to do is drop about 10lbs off the nose and then it will be right there. The motors are awesome and dependable it's chassis is great and they don't need to drop any off the back they need to concentrate on the nose end of this sled for the deep stuff

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I'm betting on a new chassis that will be a lot lighter and more horsepower out of the
M8, but what do I know....

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
the secondary is a joke IMO, they could have come up with a better design for the reverse. other than that, the M rocks!! :D

and yes, before you ask me, YES, i have ridden an 08 M1 and will continue to do so. :cool:

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
i wanna see like a VOHK sponsored and built motor, like a stroker 900 (anybody droolin yet?) the weight of the old M7 maybe a lil light but stronger in the special places, and a series VI track from a polaris.. the 2.4 incher... mmm thatd be intense like camping. and this motor will come stock 180hp, EFI or carbed. and in a 1m chassis, im jokin, but seriously, anything but that twin spar crap haha.. my .32 cents

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
lol! Please no twin spar, or at least anything like the one they have now. Cat's supposed to release a new 'powder claw' track next year based on the attack 20. Personally and for the snow I ride in for the most part, the attack 20 is still the best.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007

It works fine just needs refining , lots of it. Looks are old too. Fit and finish is in last place , look at an apex , thats how a sled should be built. If they mountainize the new racer they would have a winner.

G

GRAYBEAL

Nov 26, 2007
Pendleton, OR
I also vote for a mountain version of the racer chassis, 153", 800cc, 160hp, my M is starting to look old next to an xp or nytro.

G

GONRIDIN

Cat will indeed have electronic revers for 2009. They will use the same chassis, but with a new updated hood....more like the racer. They will also have a new track.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I want clicker shocks and linkages like bikes from the '80's.

I don't want to cut my hands on sh88ty stampings like the '70,s sleds.

I want them to hire somebody who can clutch and jet a sled for deep snow.

I want them to hire someone who knows how to properly install rivets and screws.

I want them to stop using silly s88t and buy some good goop.

I want them to buy an alignment machine and use it for clutches and chassis. LOL.

Last edited:
G

GONRIDIN

I knew that question would come up....I realy should not say. I dont want to burn a bridge if you know what i mean. Lets just say it came from the Cats, I mean the horses mouth.

Premium Features