• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer... How do you change the belt

N
Nov 26, 2007
northern ca.
I know this sounds really stupid. But I bought my wife an 07 phazer mtn lite and can't figure out how to spread the secondary. The owners manual states you should carry an extra belt in case of emergency but you need to go to the dealer for belt changes and adjustments for belt deflection. Any help would be great.
JB

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
its stupid they use that old schoolish clutch...i think you can just press and kinda turn on the inner plate (instead of the outer one like on most other sleds) maby... haha i dont remember but that sould work

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
just push in & turn your helix & the secondary opens up take a little grunting but it does,its real fun with a black turbo spring:eek:

S

Sixat38

Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
You get that belt off yet?

iamV... i think the secondary you're describing is the newer version. Which they used on most of the current sleds. When I mean current, I mean, back at least to the late 90's. Cripes time is moving along.

Now go figure, the 2007 Phazer comes out with the old style secondary.

Anyway, the way I did the older clutches was to put the parking brake on. With your left hand finger tips grab hold of the spline castings on the back side of the inside sheave and pull up (rotate the sheave). As your doing this take your right thumb and forefinger and push down on the belt at the top of the secondary. Both motions happen at the same time to sepatate the secondary sheaves apart.

Once you've separated the sheaves, keep pressure down on the belt to keep them separated and with your left hand slip the belt off the bottom of the primary up and around to the top. Or top to bottom (whatever's easier). At that point you're home free.

Geeeesh, I feel stupid typing all that. But hope it helps.

JL

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
Set the parking brake. Grab a hand full of belt between secondary and primary and pull straight up, unroll belt from secondary. Belt is off in 10 seconds. Had to tow a Phazer in on Sunday ( put a hole in oil resorvoir ) We need more snow. Stumps suck!!!!

Premium Features