• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp 800 vs. dragon 800

J
Dec 6, 2007
i'm unpatiently waiting for my 155 dragon to arrive, just wondering if anyone has seen or experienced this rivalry? in all aspects, but most interestingly climbing ability?

just something to keep busy while many of us wait...

Thundy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bird Island, MN
I thought I had it rough when I picked up my XP on friday.....well for now the XP wins cause the 800 dragon hasnt seen the hill yet

Time will tell who wins this battle

O
Dec 6, 2007
I know its just a bunch of speculation but does anybody think the difference is going to be huge? Two 800 cc machines, the heavier of the two has slightly more power. It is going to come down to rider and conditions 9 out of 10 climbs.

I'd be on the Polaris anyway, even if it didn't climb as well because Doo has too many previous gremlins. I want to ride it out of the back country, not tow it.

F
Dec 4, 2007
anyone see results at jackson hole. that should give us a good idea. so... my money is on the xp, especially once all the bugs are worked out, that sled should be unstoppable in the 800 stock class.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I know its just a bunch of speculation but does anybody think the difference is going to be huge? Two 800 cc machines, the heavier of the two has slightly more power. It is going to come down to rider and conditions 9 out of 10 climbs.

I'd be on the Polaris anyway, even if it didn't climb as well because Doo has too many previous gremlins. I want to ride it out of the back country, not tow it.

Polaris doesn't eat up belts? How about those cranks in the last 800 they built?

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
Got to see a 154 XP and a 163 800D side by side today....the dragon performed very well, and the XP performed very well also. I would have like to seen them go side by side up a hill but it didnt happen.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Polaris doesn't eat up belts? How about those cranks in the last 800 they built?

The Rev had problems, weak chassis was one, belt issues another. I owned two Edge 800's never had trouble with mine, pulled some Doos oughta the woods though. Who are you trying to convince that the Doo will be the more reliable machine? I don't believe it, most folks wont.

R

RMKER

Dec 5, 2007
Enderby B.C

Lets see my 03 800 RmK 4800 mtn miles rode with two xps a cpl of weeks ago poor guys went through 3 belts my old 800 went any where they dared to try going lol told them to sell em and buy beer lol

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
That's it. After reading your comments, I've decided to sell my XP. It SOUNDS like a Dragon is the only way to go. I mean, it's a Polaris. They're the best right? Thanks boys!;)

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Buy the 800 Poo, at least they are still running for those that have them. ;) :beer;

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I wouldn't bet against either one of them if they are set up properly. They should both be awesome. I rode the dragon a bit and was very impressed with the out of the box performance. They are very very snappy and responsive. I still don't like the super soft feeling of the iq front suspension, but that's a personal issue. These are good times to be a snowmobiler with the new mountain equipment. Heck, even the new nitro looks pretty sweet. I will stick with my cats, but there definitely is something for everyone.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Does it really matter which one goes higher on the mountain? If one is 1 or 2 sled lengths in front of the other, it's still not going to be the fastest, or the highest mark. Eventually a turbo will roll up & both sleds will walk away with there tail between there legs. Pick what sled fits you better, and what chasis you prefer, and just ride it. Both sleds will be fun to ride, and both will have there advantages, & disadvantages. Both will have some towed out this year, it's part of the sport. Get used to it!

D
Sep 19, 2005
Saw the Dragon in Revy yesterday. It climbed very well........considering it only has a 15 inch wide sneaker.....and he followed his buds who were on xp's over the top of the hill....pics as soon as I find the usb cord for the camera.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
ugly, oh ya your talkin about the "cough cough" skidon't XP "cough cough" haha my buddy got an XP, parked it next to my 900 IQ, we figured it out, the polaris IQs' headlights make them look really pissed off, the xp headlights make them look scared! hahahaha

With an IQ900 I would think that either of these two sleds would be an upgrade for you!!!

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Got to ride all day with a 800 dragon yesterday, it ran flawless and performed awesome.
We ran it hard on some good steep hill climbs. The belt got a little warm but no dust and no problems. Ran into two XPs, one ran a hill on a bit of a side hill and the rider couldn't hold the side hill and lost control and fell off and let the machine ghost ride down, luckily it didn't hit anything. The other one couldn't ride because he was letting his clutches and belt cool(for a long period of time). XP owners you have got to get these machines to run all day long!!

Premium Features