• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 800 EFI fuel pump not working?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Full of gas I put a 6 volt charge to it and it just hums, I either have a bad stator if 6 volts is not enough. Just wondering if anyone else has had to replace AC fuel pump.

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Yeah i have had to replace mine twice. Although both times were my fault i forgot to put fuel stabilizer in the gas over the summer. When that gas get old without stabilizer it turn into like syrup and plugs up the pump. I don't know if you are having this problem or not. Did you take the line off down by the injectors to see if you are getting fuel there. Sometimes the injectors will stick after sitting for awhile. If you are getting gas to the fuel rail but not past the injectors tap the injector with a screwdriver handle or something. Can also clean them with some carb cleaner. I have had that happen before also. Hope it works out for you. If you need a fuel pump give rvsports a call ask for troy, they normally have some good used ones at least when i needed one. He is Highmarck18 on here. Good luck.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
yes I did pull the line and no fuel at rail. The sled had 50/50 race gas mix, I am wondering if that cause it to gel like you say. Because when I put power to it, it acts like the impeller is stuck.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Yeah i have had to replace mine twice. Although both times were my fault i forgot to put fuel stabilizer in the gas over the summer. When that gas get old without stabilizer it turn into like syrup and plugs up the pump. I don't know if you are having this problem or not. Did you take the line off down by the injectors to see if you are getting fuel there. Sometimes the injectors will stick after sitting for awhile. If you are getting gas to the fuel rail but not past the injectors tap the injector with a screwdriver handle or something. Can also clean them with some carb cleaner. I have had that happen before also. Hope it works out for you. If you need a fuel pump give rvsports a call ask for troy, they normally have some good used ones at least when i needed one. He is Highmarck18 on here. Good luck.

2 fuel pumps, holy cow. I have never put fuel stabilzer in any tank of fuel. I have had a 2001 mtn cat 500 efi and it sat for like 2 yrs, ran fine. I have a 2002 mtn 800 efi, this was the third summber it sat with no stabilizer, havent started it yet this year and dont expect any problems. And my dads 02 600 mtn cat efi and no problems.

Sounds like you have had some pretty bad luck. Sorry for the long post.

Arcticatdan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Newport, WA
12 volts then should pump a good stream. If you can add a temporary pressure gauge in line should have about 46# of pressure. Also should continually run

C
Nov 26, 2007
I would make sure it isn't your fuel pickup sticking shut before I did anything else. Arctic updated the fuel pickups since 02. It probably isn't the fuel pickups with only 6 volts, but it would be a free and easy thing to check.

Premium Features