• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

remove diamond rive and driveshaft please help

tjrbrady

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Piedmont, SD
I have a 2007 crossfire and I am trying to remove the track and can't figure out how to remove the driveshaft to get the front of the track out. Please help. I want to get back out on the snow. Thanks

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Alright dude. The easy way.
Remove skid, remove driven clutch. Remove rubber snubber from the left side of the DD case. Unbolt dd case. Go to the brake side, and remove the long through bolt thats in the middle of the disk brake (not the big goofy nut, just the very center one).
then remove the 5? nuts inside the tunnel, on the back side of the brake caliper mount. The DD case will now slip out of the way. Slide the track ahead (off the drivers teeth, kinda against the cooler) and wiggle the jackshaft w/brake assembly out the right side of the sled, till the driver touches the tunnel and stops you. Then you can wiggle the track out around the drivers/end of the jackshaft. Just dont forget the through bolt, screws a guy up big time. It goes right through the jackshaft and into the DD case. Good luck
Brian

Dec 6, 2007
Mayer, MN
You dont have to remove the DD, i never do, if you just remove that goofy nut the brake side the whole driver assembly will come out by sliding to the brake side first then bring the DD side down then pull it out.

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
The only thing that may be different...the 07 should have the short bolt instead of that long goofy sucker. When looking at the brake end of the drive shaft, the shaft should be hollow where that big nut threads on. You will need to get a long extention to put in that hollow shaft to reach the bolt on the DD drive side.

This AC system is the easiest, to date, that I've seen to change out tracks.

S

sledbilly

Apr 9, 2007
I have a 2007 crossfire and I am trying to remove the track and can't figure out how to remove the driveshaft to get the front of the track out. Please help. I want to get back out on the snow. Thanks

i have removed my track couple times on an 06 xf. what coxy said is how i do it. not that hard. the only thing i would add is loosen the idler wheels all the way....makes skid removal way easier. when you set aside the DD case make sure the spline that the secondary goes on is facing up.

what will happen is that once you get the DD case off and loosen the brake assembly you can then let the brake assembly and shaft angle down and back towards the end of the sled. It will kinda start for you 'cause the weight of the track will be on the shaft and will move it down naturally. once you get the pieces apart (DD case) and the brake assembly loosened it will be become self explanatory what to do. you gotta horse it a bit but it will come right out.

Premium Features