• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Preference on can for the 800r

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Let me know which you go with. I traded out an HPS for the MBRP and it is definetely not as loud as on the HO motors, but Im alot happier with it than the HPS.

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
skii doo data says that the mbrp is the only gainer for hp .... they only tested a few cans, but the hps and the dynoport lost hp...

F
Nov 26, 2007
Shuswap
I just ordered a CPI can. It looks like it is a dual stinger setup. This should give it a pretty throaty sound. Hopefully it will be here by the week of the 17th.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
The "Thing" or "Stealth Thing" from the Boulder Mountian Sled in Revelstoke. They make HP--I have seen it on the dyno run independent by another shop. They work.

H20SKE...

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
How does the sound of a Stealth Thing compare to an HPS. HPS is a bit loud for me.
Who sells them in the US and how much (Things)?

Thanks

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
AkREV151,
What was it that you did not like about the HPS? Just curious because I am thinking about an HPS for my 154" XP.

Thanks,
-John

I didnt like how close it sounded to stock and it SEEMED heavy for an aftermarket can compared to others I have used. Ive used mbrp in the past and they were great.

So far have about 800 miles on the MBRP and really like it. Have had a few compliments on how good the sled sounded. On the negative side, the fit of the can wasnt as tight as Id have liked, but it works well

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Can't understand how anyone likes the sound of a single pipe + can. Never heard anything else maybe?

Anyhoo, wasn't this 'big dyno showdown' at sea level? Things change real quick when you start going up a hill. Most can mfg's account for this. The MRBP on the non R's is way too loose for elevation. Not sure of what they are doing now, but the R's do need a tad more exit diameter than the non R's.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I just installed a HPS can on the XP that I'm riding. I weighed them and the HPS can was 13 pounds lighter. That is really good. Performance was about the same. The sound is quiet, but not as quiet as stock. But in today's world we need to tone down the noise cause there are a lot of whiny little tree huggers that complain about loud sleds. A loud can doesn't make your sled go faster or increase power. I kind of like the quieter can, I don't have that annoying ringing in my ears on the drive home and I can listen to my IPOD.:D:beer;

N

nathaniel11

Sep 26, 2003
Marshall, Mn
as far as gaining a louder sound with the 800r is pretty hard unless you have an aftermarket pipe. The 07,08 have a built in stinger in the pipe to make it not as loud as previous years

Premium Features