• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 it's coming!

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I wonder what's coming down the pipes!
I remember everyone being mad that the old M-series was riding on 7 years and here we are going on our 7th year for the proclimb? Given cats reputation of how they do things I doubt we will see a chassis change along with a motor change. Yamaha is buying the new chassis and the new thundercat just came out I see this chassis sticking around for a an other little while. Maybe huge chassis upgrades it's already one of the lightest the strongest but the body work needs to be lighten up. If bomb can do it with the xp and make an xm and keep the same chassis for years and eventually end up with an grand sled. I think cat will head down that road spice it up with body work and motor a proclimb 2.0
It will be the sled to have!

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Oh here comes 100 people saying the same exact thing as they have said in every other post about how they are hoping for a lighter mountain specific chassis and narrower body work, a lighter new 800 engine and blah blah blah. Same old crap, different post. Its all a guessing game until its released. :face-icon-small-coo

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What was the first model year for the mountain version of the Pro Climb? 2012? or 13?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
New chassis 2019

I don't think we'll see a new chassis till 2019 or 2020.
I think they'll release a new motor in 2018. 800 c-tec2 is my guess along with narrowed and lighter body work. It could look like the king cat or sidewinder.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Little different bulkhead, new motor, new plastic and a bit lighter. In my opinion the mountain cat is the best sled on the snow this year already. A little tweaking and Cat will be fine. If only we had someone like Burant (sp) telling everyone how great it is they would sell the crap out of them. Cat marketing just sucks.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
New motor would be sweet, direct injection is the cat's meow! I think in 16 they should have changed the plastic a little and gave the sled a new name, like Doo did with the Xm. The 16 was definitely improved enough to warrant the change. People just don't get excited unless it's something "new" and this would have got them to that point. Maybe with them running the same thing for a longer time their profit is greater then if they retool every 5 years. I do know that running a chassis 7-8 years does cost you some customers. That's why I bought a Pro in 11, was tired of my 07 M8 and you pretty much had a 10 or 11 M by updating the boards, seat and a pipe. Wasn't going to wait another season to see if they would come out with something new.

Would hope their next NEW chassis is two stroke specific. They have had to have seen by now that the fourstroke market is a waste of time and should leave that to Yami. Yami could run the Proclimb chassis for the next 10 years and it would fit perfectly into their business plan of build one thing and run it forever...

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Well it sounds like the 17 MC works so hopefully they leave things the hell alone. Nothing like selling a very expensive motor vehicle that's not ready to hit the market.
I would vote for new hood and side panels.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
They are releasing a new WildCat this Spring so doubtful Cat will do anything other than one new platform per year. At least that's there M.O. as of late.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
I'm noticing that the 2017 Cat m8000 seems to have the same bogging issue as the M series did.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I'm noticing that the 2017 Cat m8000 seems to have the same bogging issue as the M series did.

I've never had bogging on a cat? 09 M8, '10 M8, '14 PC, '15 PC?

'18 will be new motor. They could do so much more with the chassis so easily...lose 10 lbs on hood and panels alone (to equal my Axys), lose 8 with a belt drive and lose 10 more with a new track...all things they should do just to keep pace with the competition and aftermarket and keep close to competetive in the weight department. Hopefully at minimum the entire lineup will match the mountain cat specs. That seems like a no brainer.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
M intakes and exhaust bog 95% more than any proclimb. There is some other issue causing it. Look into TPS, TSS, PV sticking or cable length specs.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I know everyone is feeling a little stale from the lack
Of tooling from cat but all I
Keep reading is how good the MC is and how many ppl are wanting to switch if this is true. Get someone that knows how to market burandt could sell ice to an Inuit! Sell a sea doo to the desert!
Be nice to get his honest 100% opinion on a sled to get the real numbers on how many pros he put down due to blown motors.
I challenge Chris burandt to swing a leg over on a mountain cat and take it for a spin!

Premium Features