• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rt 1000 directionally challenged!

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
the sled is liking to dart around on the trail with these stock ski's i have on there, by the sound of things i need to purchase a pair of aftermarket ski's to solve this... any advice from the rt 1000 guys out there?

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
For tracking on the trails Simmons are hard to beat imo....However, due to the extra weight of the front end the best thing wold be to add a Holz lite weight front end with some Fox Floats and those Pilot's will work alot better.

OT

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
What year 1000? The 05 and 06 ski's absolutely SUCK:mad: Garbage can is were they belong.:D

I run MOD's and love them--This is not my first pair of them either. I have had the simmons--they are okay--But to heavy and too much drag going down the road.

My .02

H20SKE...

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
its an 05... you would think that they would test this stuff out before it goes on the market. i am not really lookin to lose weight on the front end, just looking for a ski that is easier to handle and easier to turn with the weight of the 1000 is there a website for the skis?

Last edited:
S
Nov 30, 2007
yes, those 05-skis are dangerous.
It's very important to align these skis properly or otherwise they sooner or later will throw you off.
I'm looking for the simmons gen 2 10 inch wide but have'nt found any retailers here yet.

J
Dec 2, 2007
Change the bushings while you are at it my 05 land yacht came with aluminum bushings and wore out quick. Big weight savings for the beast.

B
Jul 21, 2001
Regina, Canada
Mods with new carbides and no sway bar are really darty on trail. With standard rods it was perfect,,, with 1/2 worn out carbides it is ok, but still a little darty. I have a couple pairs of standard rods that I will switch to. They are best, but wear out quickly on a poor trail. With standard rods it was a dream, to fly down the trail at 50mph with one hand loosely on the grips with no fear of ending up in a tree ;)

S
Dec 8, 2007
Powder Pros have a big plus and minus.

The plus - The deep keel makes turning effortless in fresh snow.

The minus - The deep keel will set into crusty snow and defeat steering. If going over 20MPH, weight transfer will rapidly go from left to right and back until the sled flips over. Had it happen three times to me and twice to my buddy. Will never buy them again.

Regardless, the bushings have to be replaced frequently. They will really add to darting conditions after they wear.

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
so the MOD skis you bought over the phone were great? the dealer i am getting my work done at has never even heard about these skis.... i hope they are in the mail......

S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
i just changed my suspension setup and that fixed all of the darting problems i had .... i stiffenned up the front spring in the rear suspension and softened up the springs oin teh skis... that helped a lot and did not cost anyhting. I happen to like the stck skis on my 05...
Scott

Premium Features