• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

digatron m8

A

acm8

Dec 1, 2007
norway
putting digatron on my 07' m8.
what is the best color wire to splice into for power and where?

mt st helens

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
vancouver, wa
Me too, only I have a 06 M-7. I need to know where to cut in for the power and the tach for a Avenger ll. Also where to put the resistor for running without a hood. I don't think you need one for the M-8's.

C
Nov 29, 2007
I am not sure about the digitron but I installed a KOSO gauge cant remember what wire I used but I just used a voltage meter and found a wire with 12v.

mt st helens

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
vancouver, wa
07 M8 it is a 2 wire plug with a dead end on it. It is located where the ignition wire ataches to the framing.

The guy with the 06, cant help ya:(

My 06 has a dead end plug with a brown wire attached to it. Is that a spare hot lead. Is that the same as the 07? Does anyone know where to hook in the tach wire for Avenger ll.

Posted from old Forums
Member: iahegdal

I have succesfuly installed a 52 series on an M8, no experience with an M10, but they may be similar.

I needed the 3 wire Digatron power/tach wiring cable for the 52, I don't have the PN handy. It is sometimes refered to as the cable for the DC powered sleds.

On the M8 the red wire (dc power) of the Digatron connects to the red/blue wire (pin 1) of the connector that connects the main harness to the cowling harness. The orange wire (tack input) of the Digatron connects to the violet wire (pin 11) of the connector that connects the main harness to the cowling harness.

On the M8 pin 11 can also be easly identified as it is next to the only empty pin position (pin 12) on this connector.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR.
Posted from old Forums
Member: iaheg

I have succesfuly installed a 52 series on an M8, no experience with an M10, but they may be similar.

I needed the 3 wire Digatron power/tach wiring cable for the 52, I don't have the PN handy. It is sometimes refered to as the cable for the DC powered sleds.

On the M8 the red wire (dc power) of the Digatron connects to the red/blue wire (pin 1) of the connector that connects the main harness to the cowling harness. The orange wire (tack input) of the Digatron connects to the violet wire (pin 11) of the connector that connects the main harness to the cowling harness.

On the M8 pin 11 can also be easly identified as it is next to the only empty pin position (pin 12) on this connector.

Thanks for the response.

Premium Features