• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

after market silencers on over bore engine kits

M
Nov 27, 2007
i have been wanting to put a can on my summit ever since i installed the kit..but talking to the builder of the kit he suggested leaving the stock one on because the aftermarket ones didnot have enough flow .. however upon doing some research this morning ,the company that is building a can that he approves of has a online parts list that shows the same part # for all 800s, ho.s and r.s which is no big deal .. but it also shows the same # for the 600 ho . so i guess what i need know ..does the 600ho have the same back pressure requirements as a ported overbored 800.. ??? or am i being sold a line of bullsh..t ??

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I think you allready know...

Considering altitude, a (properly made) can for an 800 should work just dandy.

A 600 can should be way tighter than any 800 based BB for the same altitude.

When on the dyno at ~3000ft testing outlet diameter, yout going to get the most power with outlet size X. With X+1 your going too be too loose and lose power. With X-1 you will be too tight. Now go to 8000ft, everything shifts over one spot. X-1 is bang on and X is too loose.

Premium Features