• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro handwarmers-timer?? Owners manual online??

M
Nov 26, 2007
First ride on the Nytro yesterday-- froze my hands royally. The handwarmers
appear to be on a "timer" where they go back to off after about 1 minute. Is that correct, how can one change that? My owners manual must be in the sled. I searched for this topic but found none.
Does Yam offer an online owners manual we can access???
Thanks

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
There is not a timer that I know of. When you hit the buttons for the handwarmers/thumbwarmer, the fuel gage changes to the handwarmer gauge so that you can see how hot they are set at. Full bars across the screen = max heat. I have found that they work really well. The gauge is super cool too. Nice little perk.

M
Nov 26, 2007
gauge

On my hand /thumb warmers, I set each to max (bar gauge is totally maxed), ride about a minute, hit handwarmer button/ gauge comes on and it's back to zero.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
The control takes a little while to get used to because it is not intuitive. You need to be careful to hold it down until you get full bars across the screen and then quickly left off, otherwise it will scroll around and go back to zero. I noticed that I tended to bump the swtich and reset it while bashing bumps wearing my TekVest. You might check to see if that is happening to you?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
On my hand /thumb warmers, I set each to max (bar gauge is totally maxed), ride about a minute, hit handwarmer button/ gauge comes on and it's back to zero.

I believe that every time you click the button it increments the hand warmers. So when you are at max, and you hit the button to increment it, it rolls over to zero. I just press the button, instead of holding it down.

M
Nov 26, 2007
thanks

I'll fiddle with it more on the next ride.
It was a cold mo-fo ride with no hand warmers, 7 degrees F, forgot my balaclava, and the ramair winshield supercharging the air.

P.S. My year old True North shorty gloves seem to have almost no insulation.

Premium Features