• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP minus sway bar?

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Anyone tried that yet? I like the bar in on my '06 151X. I know some guys like 'em out, some like 'em in. How about the XP?:confused:

R
Nov 26, 2007
New Meadows
Disconect the sway bar!!!
At least just remove the bolt and try it for a day!
Ran mine for a day with the links just hanging, no problems.
The sway bar seems a lot stiffer in this years sled, or is it just me?

RickPDX

R
Nov 28, 2007
I removed mine completely. It`s real easy to pull over in the hills... you can really notice its gone on the trail.

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
I'm really not trying to stir up sh-- (honest), but why does the XP even come with a swaybar?? Seriously. Cat's mountain sleds have always been bar-less. But Poo and Doo both insist on having swaybars.

When I had my '04 Rev Summit, it was very hard to get up on one ski with the swaybar in. So I removed it. That helped a LOT, except that it became TOO tippy, to the point that any countersteering whatsoever and it'd want to tip over... it was downright dangerous in spring conditions. I concluded it needed much stiffer springs and shocks on the front suspension, but I sold it before doing anything about it.

Rob

R
Nov 28, 2007
I'm really not trying to stir up sh-- (honest), but why does the XP even come with a swaybar?? Seriously. Cat's mountain sleds have always been bar-less. But Poo and Doo both insist on having swaybars.

When I had my '04 Rev Summit, it was very hard to get up on one ski with the swaybar in. So I removed it. That helped a LOT, except that it became TOO tippy, to the point that any countersteering whatsoever and it'd want to tip over... it was downright dangerous in spring conditions. I concluded it needed much stiffer springs and shocks on the front suspension, but I sold it before doing anything about it.

Rob
your right, riding in the hills you don`t need a sway bar but I like to have one because sometimes I`ll trail ride around here. So it`s better to have it on and take it off than to not have it at all. And it only takes about 10 minutes to take off or on. Another thing is when I took it off I saved about another 2-3 pounds for free.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
I think I'm gonna head out to the garage and yank it..............the sway bar that is!:eek:

C
Nov 28, 2006
Willow, AK

I can't understand why you would even bother removing it on an IQ RMK. They layover so easily anyway the only reason to remove it would be weight.

I can lay the sled over on its side so easy with it in, I dont think I will remove it. In the crusty snow I guess it might help, but in the powder I was in yesterday it would come over so easy I fell off a couple times trying to get used to it.

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
quick release

Get the quick release for the sway bars. While I broke in my sled on the trails I left them in. In less then 30 seconds I'm ready for the hills!!!!!!!! Best of both worlds......

Premium Features