• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got it back together yeee haaa

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Just got done putting new pistons in my 05 900 and she runs like a dream yeee haaa. Just so excited had to tell someone :D

P
Nov 27, 2007
Since the motor is tipped back ere you able to pull the cylinders off without removing the motor? I pulled my motor this summer and i should have rebuilt it then but i thought i would wait unit this summer.

What did everything cost and what comes with the kit?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
no i didn't have to pull the motor. just had to remove the right side brace that runs to the shock tower so i could use my piston pin puller and get the wrist pins out. as far as cost i get a discount from my dealer like 10% and the pistons and gaskets were around $250 i bought some other stuff to of course. it really wasn't a bad job just harder than the wedge, edge and gen II chassis. the hardest part was getting that darn screw out that holds the fuel line to the head it comes in from the back of the engine. when i put it together i put the bolt in from the front to make that easier.

A
Nov 26, 2007
On 06 models the motor has to be pulled to remove the cylinder because of the extra injector that goes into the cylinder. The injectors are hard lined you can't get to the bolts to hold the bottom ones on.

Premium Features