• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boyesen or v-force cage your opinion lets here it

R

redbarchetta

Dec 2, 2007
blackhills, wy
Hey lets here your opinion on which reed cage is the best. I have my opinion because I have both in 2 different sleds both cats with 900 twins and am wanting to hear all your opinions on which you prefer lets post. In my opinion!!! well lets here yours first lol.

V
Nov 27, 2007
alaska
for some reason in sleds i see a lot more v force reeds i just got my sled which has the v force. i have not gotten to ride it, but when i rode dirtbikes i was a lot happier with the boyesen, they gave me a lot more bottom end on my 2 stroke. but

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
save your money and get boyseen reeds, not the whole cage deal. use the 250 on stickers or sumthing. i use just boyseen reeds and they work better than the stock on the bottem end. but iv ridden with the vforces and it doesnt seem better than the boyseen reeds. but the guy claims better gas mileage. but he also beleive what he reads in snowwest lol... so i dunno.
imho*

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
If you have a stock sled with good stock reeds,save the money.It will might give you 1 or 2 hp if you are lucky.Or less than stock if not.
But if you have a fully moddet sled and need the last few hp,I will say the Vf3is best.Take a look on Dynotec reasource for your sled to find out if it works on your sled.

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
I havn't got to run the VF3's, but I havd ran delta's, and 2's. WIth my experience from them, I like my boysen's much better. I like that they don't have plastic cages. I have heard a lot of good things about the V-force 3's though.

Bushpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2005
I have used both the V3's and the Boysens. I still ride with boysen reed in my mod sleds. V3's that i have had always come apart at the end of the reed petal and go thru the motor. I have never had a set of boysen reeds come apart. If i am leaving motor stock I prefer the stock reeds.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Read Cages?

There was a time when many of the smaller two strokes had minimal reed surface area and better designed reeds added HP. For most engine owners those days are history. However, if you experiment with a small two stroke bike where you can acurately gauge power output, different reeds or reeds and cages can change power characteristics to better suit your riding style or racing venue.

On a sled with that big old variable drive transmission in various states of repair and function, the subtle changes of changing reeds is quite often masked by the forgiving constantly adjusting clutches. On your last carbed sled when you changed reeds it either helped your bad jetting or screwed up your good jetting. So with EFI.........what? You gotta box and computer science degree you might get her back to stock.

And I concur with someone above.........BOYSEENS with their mainifold on bikes will improve the bottom end, and V-Forece reeds come in a box.

Premium Features