• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch engagement

M
Jan 29, 2008
anyone have trouble with fast engagement like there is no smooth about it wondering if normal and if there is something i can do about it

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Interesting both my 850's are the exact opposite. I can load them in my gravel driveway without burning out and throwing gravel 50'. I've never had a sled that engages so smooth...

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
anyone have trouble with fast engagement like there is no smooth about it wondering if normal and if there is something i can do about it

I'm with you on this. Nothing smooth on the bottom side. I see this as a huge problem when you are trying to creep around in that certain snow you do not want to blow out.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Did the guys that are having problems clean their clutch after picking up from the dealer? Seems like there are reports of pull and metal shavings that MAY be hampering engagement, full shift out, and belt "bombage!"

Just a thought....

Ace

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
No click or hard pop chadly? I love the sled this far can't wait to put my goodies on it too but wasn't sure on clutch thing either...

I guess it probably depends on how you go about accelerating. If you slowly roll into the throttle my sleds engage nicely. I haven't really tried to go from zero to pinned...or even half throttle for that matter.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Mine engages super smooth as well. Almost to smooth. If I pin it, it engages more aggressive but still smooth.

M
Jan 29, 2008
try to creep slowly you better hang on, not gonna work for powder or spring soft snow when you want to start slow and feather up

M
Nov 9, 2010
redding, ca
I've got 45% break in left on mine and it's been super smooth, iv gone through a bunch of creek crossings in the dirt and rocks and can engage it so it barely if at all spins the track..

C
Mar 13, 2014
I love how snappy it is! Just the opposite of what ur thinking
Im gonna love that kinda response when ur in a creek bottom and need that
instant power!
it can be as smooth as u want it to be....

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
This motor has much more bottom end torque than any other 2 stroke it takes a smooth hand. Guys coming of 4 strokes will have no problem with that . If you are an old 2 stroke throttle Jokey you will have to learn to be smooth.

That said I am Waiting For Joey to come out with a clutch kit that engages a bit lower and has a few hundred rpm lower cruising RPM much like his 800 kits. That will improve the already good drivability and really allow the torque to be used 100%

Last edited:
Premium Features